How about some mouth-watering Tofu & Broccoli Quinoa Bowl that will melt everyone's heart away? Amazingly quick to make and super delicious.
Prep Time: 5-10 mins
Cook Time: 15-20 mins
- 1 cup dry quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 1 (14 ounce) package extra firm tofu
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons Organic Coconut Oil divided
- 8 ounces broccoli florets
- 1/4 red onion sliced
- 1/4 cup Pacific Fusion Sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 2 scallions sliced
- You need to drain and pat dry tofu on a kitchen towel. Weigh it down in order to squeeze excess water.
- Place the tofu in a bowl. Mash using a potato masher.
- Add Pacific Fusion Sauce. Toss to coat. Set it aside.
- Place a medium sized saucepan over medium heat. Heat 1 tablespoon Organic Coconut Oil.
- Add garlic and rice. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir in Vegetable Bouillon Soup Base, water, and sesame oil. Bring to a boil. Lower heat, cover, and simmer for approximately 12-15 minutes or until rice is fully cooked.
- Stir in cilantro. Cover to keep warm.
- As rice is cooking, prepare the mushrooms.
- Place a 12-inch non stick skillet over medium heat. Heat remaining 1 tablespoon Organic Coconut Oil.
- Sauté mushrooms for approximately 7-10 minutes or until it start to brown.
- Add tofu and cook for 5-10 minutes more or until well heated.
- Stir in carrots and scallions.
- Serve tofu mixture in lettuce cups with rice.
- 450 Calories (kcal)
- 19 Fat (g)
- 9 Saturated Fat (g)
- 49 Carbohydrates (g)
- 4 Fiber (g)
- 9 Sugar (g)
- 20 Protein (g)
- 0 Cholesterol (mg)
- 650 Sodium (mg)
You will find tofu in your local grocery store under the refrigerated section. It is usually sold in water –packed blocks. It should have a white uniform color and must smell fresh.
Tofu lettuce wraps is unbelievably delicious. It is a good lettuce recipe idea. Tofu is made from soybeans, water and a curdling agent .It is also referred to as bean curd. It is a good source of protein for a vegetarian and vegan diet. It’s low in fat and calories and high in proteins, iron, amino acids, and calcium. It may be sweet or savory.
Lettuce is very nutritious. It is so versatile. Depending on your lettuce recipe, you may use it in salads, beverage, and you can also serve it with already cooked foods. It is rich in vitamins, minerals, dietary fiber, and phytonutrients is low in calories. Select fresh lettuce that is crisp with green leaves. A good lettuce should be heavy for its size with leaves which are tightly closed.
To prepare, remove and discard any bruised, wilted or discolored leaves. Tear off and wash the leaves properly. Avoid at all costs chopping the leaves! The leaves are so sensitive. Tear them instead.