Split pea soup is one of the must-try homemade soup recipes healthy lunch. This blended soup can be eaten as a meal or served as a side. Enjoy this lentil soup dish.
Split pea soup is the perfect way to use up your leftover ham! Split peas and ham are simmered in a delicious chicken broth to give you a thick ...
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 4-6 hours
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 3 carrots diced
- 3 celery stalks diced
- 16 ounces split peas
- 1 bay leaf
- 6 cups water
- 4 tablespoons Vegetable Broth Mix
- 4 ounces pancetta diced
- In a pressure cooker, add onion, carrots, celery, garlic, split peas, bay leaf, water, and Vegetable Broth Mix. Secure the lid on the pressure cooker and set timer for 30 minutes.
- Release the pressure on the cooker. Once pressure cooker has finished releasing steam, open lid and stir soup. Remove bay leaf. Puree with an immersion blender or a regular blend until smooth, or according to preferred texture.
- While soup is cooking, heat 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add diced pancetta and sauté until browned and crisp. Drain on a paper towel lined plate.
- Serve split pea soup topped with pancetta.
- 340 Calories (kcal)
- 8 Fat (g)
- 2.5 Saturated Fat (g)
- 49 Carbohydrates (g)
- 18 Fiber (g)
- 10 Sugar (g)
- 19 Protein (g)
- 10 Cholesterol (mg)
- 770 Sodium (mg)
Soup is such an easy meal to prepare and if you live in a country with winter months then this is perfect to add to your recipe collection. Split Pea Soup is classically made from dried peas. It has a vast Array of variations resulting from its popularity within different nationalities but the general idea remains the same. There are a number of health benefits that are associated with regular consumption of peas. Peas is known to have low levels of calories therefore it promotes a healthy heart. Peas are also known to have high levels of antioxidants such as flavonoids, phenolic acids which boost the immune system and also prevents aging. Peas are also rich in fiber and fiber slows done how fast sugars are digested within the body therefore it helps in reversing type 2 diabetes.
Fiber also helps in promoting a healthy gut and at the same time reduces constipation which is often brought about by lack of fiber in the diet. They likewise contain high amounts of calcium which promotes the formation of strong bones and teeth. It also reduces the risk of osteoporosis which is often common as a person grows old. Carrots are known to be good for the eyes as they contain beta-carotene which is converted to vitamin in the liver and this provides the purple pigmentation necessary for night vision.
Nothing is more relaxing as winding up a busy day with a bowl of hot tasty split pea soup. This is considered as starter especially when eaten with a piece of bread. This helps in preparing your taste buds in preparation of the taste scrumptious meal being prepared. The soup is a quick fix and it is one of the most convenient and healthy way of managing hunger pangs. There is a wide variety of split pea soup recipes which one can enjoy with their family members and friends especially on a chilly day.
PIN IT NOW, MAKE IT LATER
CLICK IMAGE TO BUY