Sloppy Chili Dog is a homemade chilli easy lunch recipes that gives you chilli ideas you can use for lunch or dinner. You can use left over chilli for this one.
Sloppy Chili Dog are good, I added cheese to the top and they were a hit.
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 40 mins
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can no salt added petite diced tomatoes
- 1 (6 ounce) can no salt added tomato paste
- 4 tablespoons Beef & Steak Seasoning
- 15 hotdogs
- 15 whole wheat hotdog buns
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- Over medium high heat, heat a large pot.
- Add the ground beef and saute until browned.
- Add the diced tomatoes, tomato paste, and Beef & Steak Seasoning. Cover, reduce heat to medium low and cook for 30 minutes.
- Remove cover and continue cooking for 10 minutes more or until chili has thickened. Remove from heat.
- Prepare hot dogs. Serve cooked hot dogs in buns topped with prepared chili, shredded cheddar, and diced red onion.
- 380 Calories (kcal)
- 22 Fat (g)
- 9 Saturated Fat (g)
- 30 Carbohydrates (g)
- 4 Fiber (g)
- 7 Sugar (g)
- 18 Protein (g)
- 60 Cholesterol (mg)
- 760 Sodium (mg)
Hotdogs may be a staple meal for some, especially for kids. There is just something wonderful about hotdogs that kids (and adults alike) could not resist taking a bite of this tender, juicy meat. Although hotdogs are considered as a fast food and unhealthy, there are a significant number of health benefits associated with consumption of chili dogs.
Ground beef is a versatile food item. It can be made into almost anything you desire. Also, ground beef is very quick to prep and quick to cook. Ground beef is a great source of proteins, and proteins are often made up of amino acids which are building blocks for body muscles. Ground beef likewise has low amounts of fat and cholesterol which makes it an ideal source of protein for people who are sensitive about their weight. It is likewise “heart-friendly” as it reduces the risk of cardiovascular diseases and conditions such as a heart attack.
Consuming ground beef also boosts the intake of iron and this is because iron promotes transportation of oxygen to different parts of the body. Iron also on the other hand reduces the risk of anemia. Beef is also rich in vitamin B12 as well as zinc and selenium, this helps to reduce colon cancer. In addition, research has proved that selenium is needed for the repair and growth of cells in the body. lean ground beef as a source of coenzyme Q10, an antioxidant. Coenzyme Q10 protects your cells from harmful free radicals formed as a byproduct of your metabolism and environmental toxins, helping to prevent damage to your cell membranes, proteins and DNA
Chili dogs are ideal for lunch and dinner especially for individuals who are always on the move or have a hectic schedule that they can barely grab a bite. This is due to the fact that chili dogs are light and at the same time mouthwatering. Everyone would die for a juicy delicious chili dog. What other better way of bringing family and friends together than with this delicious scrumptious finger food.