Savory Mushroom Soup is a rich vegetarian mushroom soup that is less than 500 cal per serving. Reach out for a bowl of mushroom soup anytime.Visit our site for more easy lunch recipes.
Savory Mushroom Soup is a quick and savory recipe for two that is sure to please.
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 25 mins
- 2 tablespoons Natural Grapeseed Oil
- 1 small yellow onion finely diced
- 10 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons SPG Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Start by heating the Grapeseed oil in a large pot. Then add the onion and saute for 2 minutes.
- After that, add the mushrooms and the Garlic galore. Saute for another 15 minutes or more. Stop if the mushrooms release their liquids and become lightly browned. Stir occasionally.
- Proceed to add the flour and toss to coat all the vegetables. Add Worcestershire Sauce to deglaze the pan. Also, scrap up any brown bits that are stuck at the pan’s bottom.
- Add water and bring to a gentle boil over medium heat. Slightly reduce the heat and simmer until the soup starts to thicken. That should take about 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Transfer half or the entire soup to a blender and puree. Then return the soup to pan.
- Stir the milk and cream, slowly. This will prevent cream from breaking and becoming lumpy.
- Finally return the soup to low heat, season with pepper and salt, and cook just until it gets heated through.
- 320 Calories (kcal)
- 26 Fat (g)
- 11 Saturated Fat (g)
- 20 Carbohydrates (g)
- 3 Fiber (g)
- 12 Sugar (g)
- 7 Protein (g)
- 60 Cholesterol (mg)
- 420 Sodium (mg)
Savory mushroom soup! This comes as great news to all the mushroom lovers. The soup is hearty, trust me. Essentially, this soup does not have to compete with other types in order to shine through. Savory mushroom soup will soon become a favorite at your dining table, furthermore, it is fat – free. You definitely want to know more about this soup, don’t you?
Well, the soup is classic, earthy, and has a rich flavor. Savory mushroom soup freezes just perfectly for your homey dinners. Its flavor is more enhanced in some dishes like the green bean casserole. You may include some crusty sourdough to sop up the little which is left in the dough. Do you still feel that there would be need to twist this recipe? Well, a stout or dark ale will work out for you, perfectly. The ale adds a lovely malty spicy bass note to your savory mushroom soup.
This mushroom soup can be made creamy through addition of cashew cheese. Alternatively, you may add some parmesan cheese. The latter would just be awesome since it would complement the mushroom with it salty nutty flavor. Given the small number of ingredients used in this soup, you should be careful to select only the high quality ingredients. For example, you should only use fresh mushrooms. Also, you should not run the mushrooms under water. This is because they are very porous and will absorb water. If the mushrooms absorb water, they will never develop their full flavor.