If you are looking for a great homemade turkey recipe to surprise loved ones, the Savory lunch ideas for home recipes will be a great meal option for you.
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 30 mins
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 1 tablespoon SPG Seasoning
- 2 1/2 tablespoons Memphis Dry Rub
- 2 tablespoons Roasted Garlic Grapeseed Oil
- 2 (14 ounce) cans no salt added diced tomatoes
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 (15 ounce) cans pinto beans drained and rinsed
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans drained and rinsed
- 2 cups low sodium beef broth
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Get a freezer bag and add ground turkey, onion, SPG Seasoning, and Memphis Dry Rub. Properly seal the bag before squeezing to combine the ingredients. Place in the freezer.
- Before proceeding with the recipe, ensure to thaw the freezer bag completely.
- Place a large saucepan over medium to high heat. Heat the Roasted Garlic Grapeseed Oil. Empty the freezer bag contents in the pan. Sauté for 5-10 minutes. Occasionally stir until the turkey is lightly browned and cooked: the internal temperature should be 165 degrees F.
- Add tomato paste, diced tomatoes, black beans, pinto beans, and beef broth. Mix to combine. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and let it simmer for 20 minutes.
- Top with shredded cheddar and sour cream.
- 430 Calories (kcal)
- 14 Fat (g)
- 5 Saturated Fat (g)
- 48 Carbohydrates (g)
- 12 Fiber (g)
- 11 Sugar (g)
- 27 Protein (g)
- 55 Cholesterol (mg)
- 810 Sodium (mg)
Savory Homestyle Chili is a dish everyone must try. It is nutrient rich and delicious at the same time. You also get to enjoy a variety of texture and flavors in one dish. Not forgetting the cheesy and creamy topping. You will love it!
When buying turkey, you will be fortunate if you get a fresh one. It will also help you avoid the stress that comes with buying frozen ones. A frozen turkey needs adequate time to thaw before you cook it. If you happen to cook a half-frozen turkey, you should be ready to have a nightmare in your kitchen! The turkey will not evenly cook. Therefore, you must ensure that you thaw it entirely if you want to enjoy your much-awaited dish.
When you are buying cheese primarily for cooking, look for something that will melt quickly. Cheddar is a good cheese to use as a topping. To store your cheese correctly, wrap it in wax paper. Covering helps to protect it as well as allow some air to breathe. If improperly stored, it may end up locking in moisture and thus promoting mold development.
Black beans have a high amount of folate and dietary fiber. Consuming them may help lower your chances of developing chronic disease. They are rich in slow-digesting carbohydrates, protein, and fiber. The beans contain a dense and meaty texture. It is a favorite dish for a vegetarian diet. You can cook black beans in a variety of methods but still get the same nutritional benefits.
Yellow onions have a delicate balance of flavor. The longer they cook, the sweeter they become. When buying onions, you should select those with dry, papery, smooth outer skin. You can store onions in a well ventilated, cool and dark place for up to a month.
PIN IT NOW, MAKE IT LATER