Roasted Corn Chowder. Get high on nutritive food with this delicious lunch corn lunch recipes easy quick. Chicken stock and frozen corn recipes at their very best.
Prep Time: 25 mins
Cook Time: 25 mins
- 5 cubanelle peppers
- 2 tablespoons Natural Grapeseed Oil
- 1 red onion diced
- 3 celery stalks diced
- 1 pound russet potatoes diced
- 5 cups low-sodium chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon Fajita Seasoning
- 4 cups frozen corn
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Roast peppers over an open flame or under a broiler until completely charred; flipping as needed. Place in a bowl and cover with plastic wrap for 5 minutes.
- Remove skin from peppers by hand or under running water. Remove and discard stem and seeds. Dice peppers. Heat Natural Grapeseed Oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and celery; saute for 10 minutes.
- Add potatoes, chicken broth, and Fajita Seasoning. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium low, and simmer for about 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Add corn and diced Cubanelle peppers. Cook for 5 minutes.Stir in cream. Serve with cilantro and limes.
- 280 Calories (kcal)
- 11 Fat (g)
- 5 Saturated Fat (g)
- 43 Carbohydrates (g)
- 5 Fiber (g)
- 7 Sugar (g)
- 8 Protein (g)
- 25 Cholesterol (mg)
- 200 Sodium (mg)
Corn chowder is a meal with combined ingredients in which it plays a role in the nutrient value. From chicken to potatoes to celery stalks, each ingredient has its role in the meal. The following refers to the health beneficial of this meal.
Celery stalks is a great choice if you are watching your weight. One large stalk contains only 10 calories! So, add celery to your shopping list and enjoy it in your salads, soups and stir-fries. It reduces inflammation. If you are suffering from joint pains, lung infections, asthma, or acne, eating more celery will bring much-needed relief.
It also helps you calm down. Celery for stress-relief? Oh yes! The minerals in celery, especially magnesium, and the essential oil in it, soothe the nervous system. If you enjoy a celery-based snack in the evening, you may sleep better. It regulates the body’s alkaline balance, thus protecting you from problems caused by an overly acidic diet.
Celery aids digestion: some say celery tastes like “crunchy water,” and this may be part of the reason it is so good for your digestive system. The high water content of celery, combined with the insoluble fiber in it, makes it a great tool for easy passage of stool. Note: because celery has diuretic and cleansing properties, those with diarrhea should avoid eating it.
On the other hand, russet potatoes, because they are high in carbohydrates, they are easy to digest and facilitate digestion. Potatoes also contain a significant amount of fiber. Fiber stimulates the peristaltic motion and increased secretion of gastric juices, which eases digestion, prevents conditions like constipation, and protects the body from more serious conditions like colorectal cancer.
Many studies have revealed that vitamin B is necessary to maintain psychological health that you can find in chicken. Consuming vitamin B regularly can prevent you from falling prey to stress, anxiety, and memory-loss syndrome. Moreover, it can improve concentration in children and adults alike. It also has protein that helps in strengthening bones, for mass muscles and teeth.
Having discussed its benefits, corn chowder should always be eaten at least twice a week go best results in the body.