Looking for best chicken recipe ideas? Try the Pan Seared Chicken with Zucchini and Tomato Cream Sauce! Find more amazing homemade chicken breast lunch recipes ideas.
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
- 1 tablespoon Natural Grapeseed Oil
- 1/2 red onion diced
- 1 pint grape tomatoes halved
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 1/2 cups low sodium chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons Smoked Cheddar & Tomato Blend
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup basil chopped
- 4 (4 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 zucchini
- Heat Natural Grapeseed Oil in a 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion and sauté for 5 minutes. Add tomatoes and sauté for 5 minutes more.
- Stir in flour and cook for 1 minute. Whisk in chicken broth until smooth. Stir in Smoked Cheddar & Tomato Blend. Simmer for 10 minutes or until thickened.
- Reduce heat to low; stir in heavy cream and basil.
- Meanwhile, heat grill or grill pan over medium heat. Clean and grease the grill grates. Season chicken with salt and pepper if desired. Grill chicken for about 5 minutes on each or until cooked through: 165°F.
- Spiralize zucchini or cut into thin strips. Toss in tomato cream sauce.
- Divide zucchini between bowls and top with sliced chicken.
- 290 Calories (kcal)
- 13 Fat (g)
- 4.5 Saturated Fat (g)
- 18 Carbohydrates (g)
- 3 Fiber (g)
- 0 Sugar (g)
- 31 Protein (g)
- 100 Cholesterol (mg)
- 125 Sodium
If you are trying to look for a great source of low-fat protein, then the above chicken recipe is for you! According to researchers, chicken is one of the best birds when it comes to high protein contents. There are several easy recipes for chicken available and so you can be able to choose the one that suits you best.
Another benefit of this chicken recipe is that it plays a very major role in the prevention of bone loss. Chicken is important especially for the elderly since it protects them from arthritis or Osteoporosis. As we have already mentioned, chicken contains high amounts of protein contents which are responsible for the bone protection.
Chicken is also known for its ability to control or prevent some major cardiovascular diseases. According to researchers, chicken breasts are able to control or suppress the effect of homocysteine. Homocysteine is an amino acid in our bodies, and which when not controlled can lead to cardiovascular diseases.
Anemia is one of the troubling health problems that nutritionists say, shouldn’t be taken lightly. You can treat anemia by consuming foods enriched with iron, a mineral that is widely found in chicken’s liver. It has a high content of vitamins such as vitamin A, vitamin E, and vitamin K that contribute to producing red blood cells. When your body obtains the required amount of iron and vitamins, it can produce and balance red blood cells that will eventually deal with anemia.
As you can see, chicken can cure so many fatal diseases and as such, should be included in our diets. If you love chicken, then you might want to rear them on your own. This will ensure that you feed them the right type of food and also give them the right medication