Looking for best chicken recipe ideas? Try the Mongolian Chicken Stir Fry! Find more amazing homemade chicken healthy easy lunch recipes ideas!
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper sliced
- 1 green bell pepper sliced
- 1 tablespoon SPG Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon Herbed Garlic Sea Salt Blend
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- 2 tablespoons Natural Grapeseed Oil
- 1/2 cup Sweet & Sour Sauce
- Get a freezer bag. Add chicken, bell peppers, SPG Seasoning, and Herbed Garlic Sea Salt Blend. Seal the bag properly before squeezing it to combine ingredients. Place in the freezer.
- Completely thaw the freezer bag before proceeding with the recipe.
- Cook jasmine rice as per the instructions on its package.
- Place a 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium to high heat. Add Natural Grapeseed Oil. Snip the freezer bag‘s corner using a pair scissors over a sink. Drain the excess liquid.
- Empty the freezer bag contents in the hot oil. Sauté for 10-15 minutes until the peppers become soft, and the chicken is well browned and is adequately cooked; the internal temperature should be 165 degrees F.
- Stir in Sweet & Sour Sauce. Remove the skillet from heat.
- Serve Chicken over the jasmine rice.
- 360 Calories (kcal)
- 7 Fat (g)
- 1 Saturated Fat (g)
- 35 Carbohydrates (g)
- 2 Fiber (g)
- 0 Sugar (g)
- 37 Protein (g)
- 110 Cholesterol (mg)
- 390 Sodium (mg)
Jasmine rice is long-grained rice having a buttery aroma. To make perfect jasmine rice, you have to use the correct ratio of water to rice. You must also regularly check on the water level as the rice cooks. Rinse the rice twice or thrice before cooking. For one part rice, use between 1.5 - 2 parts of water. Cook your rice in a large enough cooking pot. The pot should be able to accommodate the expanded rice.
Add water, rice, and any other ingredients all together in the pot. Quickly bring to a boil. Lower the heat once it starts boiling. Cook covered. Cook for approximately 22 to 30 minutes. Once the rice is light, fluffy and well cooked, you should take from heat. Remove the lid and leave the rice for 10 minutes .this allows the rice to absorb all the moisture and take on the perfect consistency.
Bell pepper add color, flavor to any dish. The pepper comes in different colors, including, red, green, orange, yellow, white, purple and brown. They have sweet, mild flavor. Bell peppers are so versatile. You can stuff and bake them, grill, roast, stir-fry and serve in stews, soups, as well as salads. Green peppers are the most common variety of bell pepper.
When purchasing pepper, select the ones which are firm, crisp, and feel heavy for their size. They should be shiny and richly colored. Refrigerate unwashed peppers in a plastic bag for up to 1 week. Red peppers are slightly more perishable than green peppers. Red peppers vitamins A and C rich. Green peppers are known for having high levels of vitamin C.
Mongolian chicken stir-fry is a well-seasoned dish. Preparing it is also not difficult. Let your friends know your culinary skills! Make them this chicken stir fry served over jasmine rice. Everyone will like it!