How about some Mongolian Beef? This healthy and homemade beef recipes easy lunch with steaks and scallions is too good!
Mongolian Beef that’s easy to make in just 30 minutes, crispy, sweet and full of garlic and ginger flavours you love from your favourite Chinese restaurant.
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
- 1 1/2 pounds beef flank steak thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 3 scallions sliced
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon SPG Seasoning
- 1/2 cup Chipotle Aioli Mix
- 2 tablespoons Roasted Garlic Grapeseed Oil
- 1 cup water
- 1 pound broccoli
- Put the cornstarch and the beef flank steak together in a freezing kit.
- Tie the freezing kit tightly and seal it well.
- Squeeze the freezing bag so as to mix up the ingredients.
- Allow it to freeze.
- In a second freezing bag, add the brown sugar, scallions, Chipotle Aioli Mix, SPG Seasoning and soy sauce.
- Tie it tightly to ensure that it is well sealed.
- Squeeze the bag as you did to the first one so as to combine the ingredients.
- Allow it to freeze too for some time.
- Before you start following the recipe, ensure that you loosen the two freezing bags.
- After that, heat the roasted garlic grape seed oil over moderate- high heat using a nonstick skillet of 12 inches.
- While working in batches, sear the beef in the first freezing bag.
- Add a little water to the nonstick skillet.
- Add the ingredients in the second freezing bag and stir them together.
- After that, now bring the heat to a simmer.
- Thereafter, add beef and broccoli.
- Allow them to cook for another 10 minutes approximately or until the broccoli gets smooth and tender.
- You can now serve it with rice and enjoy it fully.
- 360 Calories (kcal)
- 14 Fat (g)
- 4.5 Saturated Fat (g)
- 29 Carbohydrates (g)
- 3 Fiber (g)
- 12 Sugar (g)
- 29 Protein (g)
- 55 Cholesterol (mg)
- 1180 Sodium (mg)
What can you define Mongolian to be? It is meat that has been boiled and then dipped in sauces and other flavors. In our recipe we used the soy sauce, garlic water and brown sugar. You could also add some ginger if you like it. The sauce is the most amazing as it makes the soup super thick. The name came up when someone just added some sugar in the beef. No wonder the dish is just so sweet I mean super tasty.
Eating this meal is like eating some beef candy. If you wish, you could add some pepper flavor to balance the sweetness of the browned sugar. This Mongolian beef dish brings just the right amount of spice to your dinner table... The dish is very easy to make and it only takes a few minutes of your time and your family will love it. I am pretty sure of that.
Wondering why we added broccoli? Well, they help to add a little more green to the food making it look more delicious and of course veggies are healthy. This meal is considered a traditional dish up to date and is usually served with white hot steamed rice. You could choose any veggies to serve with this beef.
PIN IT NOW, MAKE IT LATER
- Add beef flank steak and cornstarch to a freezer bag and seal. Squeeze bag to combine ingredients. Freeze.
- Add scallions, brown sugar, soy sauce, SPG Seasoning, and Hoisin Sauce to a second freezer bag and seal. Squeeze bag to combine ingredients. Freeze.
- Thaw freezer bag completely before following the recipe. Heat Roasted Garlic Grapeseed Oil in a 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Working in batches, sear the beef from first freezer bag. Deglaze the skillet with water, stir in contents of second freezer bag, and bring to a simmer. Add broccoli and beef, and cook for another 10 minutes until broccoli is tender. Serve with rice.