How about something as good as the Mexican Tortilla Pizzas?? This homemade pizza dinner and lunch recipes is easy to make and great to eat.
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 10 mins
- 1 tablespoon Organic Coconut Oil
- 1/2 yellow onion diced
- 1 teaspoon Memphis Dry Rub
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can pinto beans drained and rinsed
- 1 teaspoon Vegetable Broth Mix
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 (8-inch) whole wheat flour tortillas
- 1/2 red bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1/4 red onion thinly sliced
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1 avocado
- 1/4 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 lime juiced
- 1 teaspoon Fajita Seasoning
- 2 scallions sliced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Heat Organic Coconut Oil in a 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion and saute until browned; stir in Memphis Dry Rub.
- Add pinto beans, Vegetable Broth Mix, and water and bring to a simmer. Mash beans to desired consistency and cook until heated through. Lay tortillas flat on a sheet pan. Spread bean mixture evenly over each tortilla and top with red bell pepper, red onion, and cheese.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and tortilla bottom is crisp. Meanwhile, prepare the avocado cream: Add avocado, Greek yogurt, lime juice, and Fajita Seasoning to a food processor and puree until smooth. Top pizzas with avocado cream and scallions.
- 470 Calories (kcal)
- 24 Fat (g)
- 10 Saturated Fat (g)
- 47 Carbohydrates (g)
- 6 Fiber (g)
- 4 Sugar (g)
- 20 Protein (g)
- 25 Cholesterol (mg)
- 820 Sodium (mg)
On most occasions, pizzas are eaten as bites or snacks but recently, people prefer it to take as their lunch. This must be because of its package of nutrients that everyone is going for it. Pinto beans, being on the outstanding ingredient in this meals, has a wide variety of health benefits in the body. It has proteins, vitamins and also minerals.
If you are in danger of developing diabetes or are already diabetic, you will be happy to hear that beans have a low glycemic index. This means that they won’t cause blood sugar levels to spike the way refined grain products can. Since the nutrients present in beans are released into the body slowly, they prevent us from feeling hungry over a longer period than many other foods, while providing energy to keep us going.
This meal contain fiber for a constant supply of energy. They are also rich in water soluble vitamins, especially thiamine, riboflavin, niacin, and folacin. Folate is vital for lowering homocysteine concentrations, and without enough folate in your diet, your homocysteine level increases and can damage your heart and your blood vessels. Besides, it also contain a good amount of potassium, calcium, and magnesium, all of which are healthy electrolytes and minerals, which when combined, can help minimize the risk of heart disease and high blood pressure.
Most of this pizza's ingredients like beans and the chipotle are packed with antioxidants, which protect the body against free radicals that could harm your cells and result in cancer.
In conclusion, this meal is packed with a good quantity of nutrients. Incorporating it in your meals will make you see its benefits. You can make it a side dish, appetizer but best suits for a lunch plan.