Looking for pork meal ideas and tasty pork homemade lunch recipe? Try the quick Memphis Pork with Pasta Salad recipe that is sure to make the stomach go happy.
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 20-25 mins
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless pork loin
- 2 tablespoons Memphis Dry Rub
- 2 cups dry rigatoni
- 2 tablespoons Spinach Dip Mix
- 2 tablespoons water hot
- 2 tablespoons Roasted Garlic Grapeseed Oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 lemon
- 1 small cucumber chopped
- 1 pint grape tomatoes halved
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- Trim pork loin to remove fat. Cut into medallions. Season with Memphis Dry Rub. Set aside.
- Prepare pasta as per the directions on its package. When ready, rinse under cold water.
- Use hot water to Hydrate Spinach Dip Mix for 5 minutes. Mix with Roasted Garlic Grapeseed Oil, Dijon mustard, and lemon juice.
- Get large mixing bowl. Add cooked pasta, cucumber, tomato, parsley, and feta. Add prepared dressing. Toss to coat. Refrigerate until serving.
- Heat grill pan over medium heat. Clean the grates before greasing.
- Grill pork until adequately cooked. The internal temperature should be at 145 degrees F.
- Serve pork with pasta salad
- 500 Calories (kcal)
- 20 Fat (g)
- 6 Saturated Fat (g)
- 45 Carbohydrates (g)
- 3 Fiber (g)
- 0 Sugar (g)
- 33 Protein (g)
- 90 Cholesterol (mg)
- 470 Sodium (mg)
Rigatoni is big pasta tubes which have a smooth inner part and are ridged on the outside. The ridges help the pasta to hold on the chunky sauces. The large insides allow the sauce to penetrate right in the tubes. They are useful in baked dishes or with chunky sauces.
Cook your Rigatoni until just al dente. If you cook until it becomes limp, the tube structure might collapse blocking sauce from getting inside. Cooking times for Rigatoni may vary. You will most certainly get the information on the package. As soon as the Rigatoni hits al dente, you should remove it from the water immediately to prevent further cooking.
Cucumbers consist of water. They are useful in preventing dehydration, especially during summer. If you are working out, make cucumber be part of your daily intake as it will help you stay hydrated for long. If you add cucumber and mint to water, you increase your chances of drinking more water too. A well-hydrated body means that your intestines are healthy and your chances of constipating are almost nil. You also stay away from kidney stones.
Sufficient consumption of vitamin K is associated with healthy bones. Vitamin K also improves the absorption of calcium which contributes to good bone health. Cucumbers also help control and prevent diabetes. They contain properties which help lower spikes in blood sugar.
Lean pork cuts are high in protein, low in fat and have more B-vitamins than the various types of meat. Pork also contains healthy doses of selenium as well as zinc. When buying pork, look for cuts with a small amount of fat on the outside and with meat that is firm and reddish pink in color. You must also cook the pork correctly to get the full benefit from it.
Memphis Pork with pasta Salad also has a smoky flavor. The Memphis Dry Rub comes with the sweet, smoky flavor. You can use the rub on chicken, pork, steak, or vegetables.