Want to prepare Lemon Rosemary Chicken & Sun-dried Tomato Orzo but wondering from where to start? Try this amazing homemade chicken lunch recipe.
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 25 mins
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 (3 ounce) bag sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons Roasted Garlic Grapeseed Oil
- 1 tablespoon Rosemary Garlic Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon Herbed Garlic Sea Salt Blend
- 1 1/2 cups dry orzo
- 4 cups water
- 8 teaspoons Chicken Bouillon Soup Base
- 1/4 cup shaved Parmesan cheese
- Get freezer bag. Add chicken, mushrooms, sun-dried tomatoes, Roasted Garlic Grapeseed Oil, Rosemary Garlic Seasoning, and Herbed Garlic Sea Salt Blend. Seal the bag properly before squeezing it to combine ingredients. Place in the freezer.
- Before starting the recipe, ensure to thaw freezer bag completely.
- Prepare Chicken Bouillon Soup Base. Add orzo pasta and boil for 7 to 10 minutes until the pasta becomes soft.
- Meanwhile, empty the freezer bag contents in a 12-inch nonstick skillet placed over medium to high heat. Sauté for about 15 minutes.
- When pasta is adequately cooked, drain it. Reserve ½ cup of the drained liquid.
- Add pasta and reserved cooking liquid to the chicken. Mix well to combine.
- Garnish with Parmesan cheese.
- 410 Calories (kcal)
- 11 Fat (g)
- 2 Saturated Fat (g)
- 49 Carbohydrates (g)
- 9 Fiber (g)
- 4 Sugar (g)
- 31 Protein (g)
- 60 Cholesterol (mg)
- 920 Sodium (mg)
Orzo is a rice-shaped pasta pale yellow color. You can boil it, cook it risotto-style, or use the pilaf method. You can serve Orzo as a side dish, and in, soups and salads. You can use it either cold or hot depending on your preference.
Mushrooms contain dietary fiber and are low in kilojoules. They are richer in proteins compared to most vegetables. It is a natural source of vitamin D, which helps in the development of healthy bones and teeth. Mushrooms also are rich in B-vitamins which are essential for the proper functioning of the body.
The stem of a mushroom adds flavor and nutrients to your serving. Chop and add it to stuffing's, casseroles, soups, and sauces.
Ensure that the chicken is well browned. Searing the chicken results to a rich and full flavor. Browning is a pure flavor enhancer.
Rosemary has a warm, bitter taste that gives an excellent flavor to sauces, soups, roasts, stews, and stuffing. Rosemary is useful in boosting your memory and also helps to increase your level of intelligence and focus. It also gives relief from stress. Therefore, if you suffer chronic anxiety or hormone imbalance, it will help you get some relief
Parmesan is an Italian type of cheese. It is an extra hard, sharp and dry cheese made from skim cow's milk. It is full of proteins which are good in the body for overall maintenance. It is also a good source of calcium which is suitable for proper growth and development.
Lemon Rosemary Chicken and Sun-dried Tomato Orzo is child-friendly, economical and very healthy food. Rosemary Garlic Seasoning gives it a more pronounced lemony flavor. Other than being a potent flavor enhancer, the smell of lemon can help boost your moods.