Lemon Pepper Fish Sandwich is simple fish entree made with cod fillets. This can also be served as a fish entree or a fish recipes healthy lunch.
Skip the fast-food Lemon Pepper Fish Sandwiches and make them at home. They're 15-minutes fast!
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 7 mins
- 1 tablespoon light mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon chives chopped
- 1 teaspoon Basil Pesto Sauce
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Pepper Blend
- 2 (5 ounce) cod fillets
- 1 tablespoon Natural Grapeseed Oil
- 2 hamburger buns
- 2 leaves lettuce
- 2 slices tomato
- Using a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, yogurt, chives and Basil Pesto. Set them aside.
- From there combine flour and Lemon Pepper Blend in a shallow dish. Take your fish and toss it in your flour mixture until it is coated. Shake off any excess flour
- Heat the Natural Grapeseed Oil in a 12 – inch nonstick skillet over medium – high heat. When heated, add unto it the coated fish and cook it until it turns golden brown on both sides, and the fish is cooked through. This should take about 2 – 3 minutes
- Serve the fish on buns with lettuce, tomato and Basil Pesto Sauce Spread
- 390 Calories (kcal)
- 13 Fat (g)
- 1.5 Saturated Fat (g)
- 35 Carbohydrates (g)
- 2 Fiber (g)
- 7 Sugar (g)
- 32 Protein (g)
- 65 Cholesterol (mg)
- 930 Sodium (mg)
Lemon pepper fish sandwich is a seasoning made from granulated lemon zest and cracked peppercorns. Basically, the lemon zest is mashed with the pepper in order to allow citrus oil to infuse into the pepper. The mix is then baked and dried. It can be used on pasta and meats, although it is meant primarily for seafood. Commercially, lemon pepper is available in small jars, although it may be homemade. The lemon pepper available commercially includes a few more ingredients. Some of them are salt, onion, sugar, garlic, citric acid and additional lemon flavor.
If you haven’t tried lemon pepper fish sandwich, you need to try it today. Lemon pepper fish sandwich is among the few dishes you’ll prepare for your family and they keep asking for more. From its easy mode of preparation to the health benefits it contains, Lemon pepper fish sandwich stands out as a great meal. Prepare this fish sandwich on one of those busy dinners and you’ll like it. This is because the meal will be ready in less than 30 minutes. Besides, it will possess a sweet flavor.
These are not the only reasons why lemon pepper fish sandwich is a great dish. Nutritionally, the fish sandwich has been shown to contain reasonable amounts of calories, sodium, fiber and other nutrients. Obviously we all need calories to enable our bodies to function properly. We need them for various body functions including walking and talking. Lemon pepper fish sandwich is also a good source of dietary fiber. Insoluble fiber is known to protect the body from constipation. There are many nutritional benefits attached to lemon pepper fish sandwich. You don’t have to worry about health risks when taking lemon pepper fish sandwich. In addition, the ingredients used in the recipe are readily available in your local market. So why not try out lemon pepper fish sandwich today?