Lemon Dijon Chicken is a tasty chicken lunch sandwich recipes that is gluten free and low carb. This delish chicken dish will be ready in 20 min.
Lemon Dijon Chicken is Spicy, tangy, flavorful chicken that can be prepared in a snap! Ingredients can be adjusted to taste.
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 15 mins
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1 tablespoon Roasted Garlic Grapeseed Oil
- 1 tablespoon European Dipping Oil - Mediterranean Balsamic
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Pepper Blend
- 1 tablespoon Rosemary Garlic Seasoning
- 2 lemon halved
- To a freezer bag, Add chicken thighs, Dijon mustard, honey, lemon juice, European Dipping Oil-Mediterranean Balsamic, Lemon Pepper Blend, and Rosemary Garlic Seasoning and seal. Squeeze bag to combine ingredients. Freeze.
- Thaw freezer bag completely before following the recipe. Preheat grill to high heat.
- Clean and grease the grill grates. Grill lemon halves for 1-2 minutes until browned and lightly caramelized.
- Grill chicken for 5-6 minutes on each side until lightly charred and cooked through: 165°F. Serve chicken with a squeeze of grilled lemon.
- 290 Calories (kcal)
- 13 Fat (g)
- 3 Saturated Fat (g)
- 12 Carbohydrates (g)
- 1 Fiber (g)
- 7 Sugar (g)
- 33 Protein (g)
- 120 Cholesterol (mg)
- 570 Sodium (mg)
Chicken is the most common type of poultry in the world. Chicken is a part of almost every cuisine and is considered a delicious source to obtain protein. Proteins are known as body building foods and this is due to the fact that it contains high amounts of amino acids that are building blocks for body muscles. It is likewise rich in different types of vitamins such as vitamin A, K and E which are a great source of iron. Iron is an important nutrient for the body as it promotes the formation of red blood cells which reduce the risk of anemia and promotes transfer of oxygen to different parts of the body.
Chicken breast contains low amounts of fat and cholesterol hence it is deemed heart friendly. This in turn reduces the risk of cardiovascular related diseases and conditions such as heart attack. Consuming chicken can be beneficial for your oral health. It can strengthen your teeth and gums alike due to the high content of phosphorus. When you consume phosphorus regularly, it can alleviate factors that weaken your teeth and prevent gums bleeding as well.
Consuming chicken can balance cortisol hormones in your body. Imbalanced cortisol hormones could in increased stressed levels. This mainly happens due to improper functioning of the adrenal gland. Chicken is an ideal option when it comes to maintaining body weight. It contains minimum fat content and the maximum nutritional value thus, obese can incorporate it into their diet as well.
There are different chicken recipeswhich one can prepare for their families and friends. The lemon Dijon chicken is an ideal lunch or dinner which often takes a short time to prepare, therefore deemed as convenient. Individuals who have a hectic schedule and need a quick fix to satisfy their hunger can try out the lemon Dijon chicken as it never disappoints and it is filled with different types of flavors and healthy nutrients.