Kale and Tempeh Tortilla Soup is an easy tortilla soup lunch and dinner recipes. This vegetarian tortilla soup is also gluten free and dairy free. Ready in less than 40 min.
Kale and Tempeh Tortilla Soup - Quick, easy and hearty, this delicious, ... as it doesn't contain goopy canned soups,) so I'm thinking I will like this!
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 30 mins
- 1 bag Curry Seasoning
- 3 1/2 cups water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Roasted Garlic Grapeseed Oil
- 1 small yellow onion sliced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 (8 ounce) package tempeh diced
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can no salt added diced tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can no salt added tomato sauce
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can low-sodium black beans drained and rinsed
- 3 cups chopped kale
- Whisk together the Curry Seasoning mix and hot water; set aside.
- In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, heat Jalapeno Pepper Grapeseed Oil
- Add the onion, garlic, and tempeh and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring constantly, or until the onions are soft and slightly browned.
- Stir in the diced tomatoes, black beans and tomato sauce then cook for 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Add the tortilla soup and water mixture, bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, and cook for 13 minutes.
- Stir the kale leaves into the soup, cover with a tight-fitting lid, and turn off heat.
- Let the kale steam in the soup for about 2 minutes or until wilted and slightly cooked.
- Serve soup topped with toasted tortilla strips, diced red onions, and other desired toppings.
- 252 Calories (kcal)
- 6 Fat (g)
- 1 Saturated Fat (g)
- 38 Carbohydrates (g)
- 10 Fiber (g)
- 6 Sugar (g)
- 13 Protein (g)
- 600 Sodium (mg)
Tempeh is a traditional food that originates from Indonesia and is one of the popular vegetarian dishes that is made from fermenting and binding soybeans into cake form. Although tempeh is not popular in other regions, it is known to have nutritional benefits to individuals who consume it. Tempeh has probiotic properties which protect the stomach lining against bacteria such as salmonella and E.coli that attack the stomach lining.
It is also considered as a good source of protein for individuals who are watching their weight since it does not contain any cholesterol or fat. Kale is also another main ingredient in the kale and tempeh tortilla soup. Kale is high in fiber and it promotes easy digestion of foods and also prevents constipation. Kale is also has high levels of iron as iron promotes the formation of red blood cells which carry oxygen to all parts of the body.
Black beans are rich of nutrients such as calcium, phosphorus and zinc which promote strong and healthy bones. Black beans are likewise low in sodium and magnesium which makes it an ideal dish for people who suffer from high blood pressure. Kale and tempeh tortilla soup is a quick fix and at the same time a very healthy and nutritious meal. Therefore one can spend less time in the kitchen preparing the meal and thus deemed convenient especially for those who have a hectic schedule. Why not go ahead and try out this tortilla recipe as nothing beats curling up with a warm rich soup such as the kale and tempeh tortilla soup.