If you are looking for a great Italian Burger recipe to surprise loved ones, the Italian Sausage Burgers will be a great healthy easy lunch recipes option for you.
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 pound lean ground pork
- 1/4 cup Italian Simmering Sauce
- 2 tablespoons SPG Seasoning
- 2 tablespoons Natural Grapeseed Oil
- 1 green bell pepper sliced
- 1 red bell pepper sliced
- 1 yellow onion sliced
- 1 teaspoon Herbed Garlic Sea Salt Blend
- 8 slices Provolone cheese
- 8 hamburger buns
- Get a freezer bag and add the ground pork, ground beef, SPG Seasoning, and, Italian Simmering Sauce. Seal the bag properly before squeezing it to combine the ingredients. Place in the freezer.
- Ensure to thaw the freezer bag before proceeding with the recipe altogether.
- Switch on the grill to preheat. Clean the grill grates before greasing them.
- Place a 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add Natural Grapeseed Oil. Quickly fry the peppers and onions with Herbed Garlic Sea Salt Blend for 10-15 minutes until they become soft. Set aside.
- Using a ½ cup measure, shape the freezer bag contents into burgers. This makes eight burgers.
- Grill the burgers for 5-7 minutes or until adequately cooked. Turn and cook the other side as well: the internal temperature should be 160 degrees F.
- Add provolone cheese to each burger. Cover for 2-3 minutes until the cheese has melted. Place each burger on a bun.
- Top with the cooked vegetables.
- 480 Calories (kcal)
- 25 Fat (g)
- 9 Saturated Fat (g)
- 27 Carbohydrates (g)
- 2 Fiber (g)
- 0 Sugar (g)
- 32 Protein (g)
- 90 Cholesterol (mg)
- 780 Sodium (mg)
When buying bell pepper, select those which appear firm and crisp. They should be shiny and richly colored. Do not buy if it is dry or have soft spots. Rinse bell peppers under cold running water just before using. Red peppers are high in both vitamins A and C. Green peppers are an excellent source of vitamin C.
Beef provides nutrients like zinc, iron, protein and B vitamins, and almost half of the fat found in meat is monounsaturated, the same heart-healthy fats found in olive oil.
Lean pork cuts are high in protein, low in fat and have more B-vitamins than the various types of meat. Pork also contains healthy doses of selenium as well as zinc. When buying pork, look for cuts with a small amount of fat on the outside and with meat that is firm and reddish pink in color.
Onion has many uses. It adds a pleasant aroma to whatever recipe. You can store onions in a well ventilated, cool and dark place for up to a month. Avoid storing them near potatoes. If already sliced, refrigerate in a tightly sealed jar for up to 3 days. Yellow onions have a nice balance of flavor. The longer they cook, the sweeter they become.
Provolone is an Italian cheese having a firm, grainy texture with a waxed rind. It is pale yellow. Provolone has a buttery, mild, sharp, spicy, sweet, tangy flavor. It has a delightful aroma. It is high in calcium and protein but is also high in sodium.
Italian Sausage Burgers are so meaty and cheesy! They are perfect when taken both as a snack and as a main dish. Try out this recipe today!