Serve Hoisin Chicken Bao-get perfect chicken breast each time. This is one of the easiest chicken breast lunch and dinner recipes for an easy lunch at home.
This is my first time making Hoisin Chicken Bao, or anything with a basket steamer, and it will definitely not be the last.
Prep Time: 2 hours 30 mins
Cook Time: 15 mins
- 4 (4 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup Chipotle Aioli Mix
- 1 bag So Quick & Easy Pizza Dough
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1/2 tablespoon Natural Grapeseed Oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 4 radishes cut into matchstick-size pieces
- 1 lime cut into wedges
- Marinate chicken breasts in Chipotle Aioli Mix for 2 hours. On high heat, preheat grill and grease the grill grates.
- Grill the chicken breasts for 5-7 minutes on each side until cooked through: 165 degrees F. Slice chicken thinly.
- Mix together So Quick & Easy Pizza Dough with baking powder and sugar In a medium bowl. Add water and Natural Grapeseed Oil and mix until the dough comes together.
- Cover with a towel or plastic wrap and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 16 pieces, roll into balls, and flatten into discs. Roll into an 1/8-inch thick oval and fold in half.
- Set up a steamer basket with parchment to prevent sticking and steam for 10-15 minutes until hot and lightly puffed.
- Once cooled, gently open the bun and fill with chicken, cilantro and radish sticks.
- Serve with a squeeze of lime.
- 190 Calories (kcal)
- 2.5 Fat (g)
- 25 Saturated Fat (g)
- 1 Carbohydrates (g)
- 1 Fiber (g)
- 4 Sugar (g)
- 16 Protein (g)
- 35 Cholesterol (mg)
- 460 Sodium (mg)
Bao is a sweet- tasty, chewy bread, with a consistency somewhere between a dumpling and a doughnut. It is a popular Chinese cuisine and more often different kinds of meat are used to stuff it such as beef, chicken or pork. Skinless chicken breast is considered as a rich source of lean protein. This is due to the fact that proteins contain amino acids which are often building blocks for body muscles. Skinless chicken breast is also known to have low amounts of fat, therefore considered as heart friendly and at the same time the ideal source of protein for individuals with weight management issues.
Chicken is likewise rich in high amounts of calcium which promotes the formation and development of strong bones and teeth. It also helps in reducing the risk of osteoporosis which is often brought about by aging. Since selenium is present in good quantities, consuming chicken would mean increase in metabolism rates especially the thyroid hormone, antioxidant defense system and immune function of the body.
Chicken has vitamin B 5 or pantothenic acid which has a calming effect on the nerves. So if you are stressed out, nothing like grilled chicken to chill out. Bao is a great source of carbohydrates and carbohydrates are also known as energy giving foods as they provide the body with energy it requires to carry out activities. There are different chicken recipes which one can prepare for their family and friends. Hoisin chicken Bao is considered as ideal for dinner and lunch especially for individuals who consider themselves as light eaters.