Hearty minestrone soup easy healthy lunch recipes are loaded with ground beef, vegetables, and Italian-inspired herbs. This is a quick soup that will be ready in 45 min.
Hearty minestrone soup is packed full of veggies and lots of flavours! In a large stockpot or Dutch oven set over medium heat, add the olive oil. When the oil is hot, add the onion, celery and carrots. Cook until soft, about 5-6 minutes.
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 35 mins
- 2 tablespoons Natural Grapeseed Oil
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 2 celery stalks diced
- 2 carrots diced
- 4 tablespoons Vegetable Broth Mix
- 6 cups water
- 2 tablespoons Alfredo Sauce Mix
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can no salt added diced tomatoes
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1/2 pound green beans trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup small shells
- 1 (6 ounce) bag baby spinach
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, heat Natural Grapeseed Oil
- Add the onion, celery, and carrot and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add the Vegetable Broth Mix, water, Alfredo Sauce Mix, diced tomatoes, kidney beans, and chickpeas and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 20 minutes.
- Stir in green beans and shells and cook for another 10-15 minutes or until pasta is tender.
- Stir in spinach until wilted.
- 240 Calories (kcal)
- 4.5 Fat (g)
- 40 Carbohydrates (g)
- 10 Fiber (g)
- 7 Sugar (g)
- 11 Protein (g)
- 340 Sodium (mg)
Minestrone is a type of Italian soup made of vegetables such as celery, beans, stock, tomatoes and other available seasonal vegetables. This soup is a great starter and can also be a complete meal in itself and can also be served with rice, pasta or any other accompaniment. Kidney beans lower cholesterol and reduce the risk of heart disease and this is due to the fact that the beans do not have any fats or cholesterol. Beans likewise prevent starch absorption and breakdown and thus it is considered as a good source of protein for people who are managing their weight.
Chickpea is high in fiber and it helps in reducing the glucose levels in the body therefore it is considered ideal for patients who suffer from diabetes as it will help in lowering blood sugar levels. It is likewise rich in calcium, magnesium and vitamin K which promote the formation of strong and healthy bones and teeth. Green beans also have a high fiber content which aids in digestion and also prevents constipation which is often brought about by lack of fiber in diet.
Spinach is also another main ingredient in the hearty minestrone soup and it has high levels of potassium and low content of sodium which helps in maintaining blood pressure. Spinach is likewise known to have lutein which prevents the eyes from getting affected by the harsh UV rays which often leads to cataracts.
The soup is a quick fix and therefore anyone can be able to fix it for themselves or their family and it is loaded with flavors and nutritious vegetables which are often available throughout different seasons. This type of soup is filling and it is deemed ideal for light eaters as it has all the necessary nutrients the body needs in order to function properly. If you want your family and friends to have a dish worth remembering for the rest of the season, then be sure to try out the hearty minestrone soup recipe.