Green Chile Chicken Burritos is a tasty chicken meal wrapped in burritos. This healthy chicken burrito is less than 500 calories per serving. Tasty and healthy recipes healthy lunch at our site.
These Creamy Green Chili Chicken Burritos are a huge hit with my family leaving everyone wanting seconds.
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 6-8 hours
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 green bell pepper sliced
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chiles
- 3/4 cup Taco Sauce
- 2 teaspoons Fajita Seasoning
- 1 cup white rice
- 8 (6-inch) flour tortillas
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tomato diced
- 3 scallions sliced
- To a freezer bag, add chicken, bell pepper, onion, diced green chilies, Taco Sauce, and Fajita Seasoning and seal.
- Squeeze bag to combine ingredients. Freeze.
- Thaw freezer bag completely before emptying into a slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 6-8 hours.
- Remove chicken and shred.
- Prepare rice according to package directions.
- Place chicken and rice in tortillas. Serve tortillas filled with chicken, cheddar cheese, tomato, and scallions.
- 310 Calories (kcal)
- 7 Fat (g)
- 2.5 Saturated Fat (g)
- 27 Carbohydrates (g)
- 2 Fiber (g)
- 0 Sugar (g)
- 31 Protein (g)
- 90 Cholesterol (mg)
- 540 Sodium (mg)
Rice is enjoyed throughout the world; in fact it is the staple food in many countries and an important cereal crop which feeds more than half of the earth's human population. The health benefits of rice are not as widely known as it deserves however. Advantages of eating rice include an instant energy boost, improved skin, good bowel movement, stabilized blood sugar levels and providing an essential source of vitamin B1. Since rice is rich in carbohydrates, it acts as a fuel for the body which provides optimal function to the human brain. Rice is also packed with resistant starch which aides in the growth of useful bacteria for a healthy bowel movement.
Chicken is also a popular delicacy which is enjoyed in all parts of the world. Chicken is a source of protein which helps in building body muscles due to the presence of amino acids present in the proteins which builds the muscles. Chicken breast is also known to have low amounts of fat and cholesterol which makes it an ideal source of protein for individuals who are managing their weight. It also helps in reducing the risk of cardiovascular related diseases. Chicken breast contains vitamin B6 which promotes metabolic cellular reactions to maintain healthy blood vessels.
Green chile chicken burrito is a convenient meal especially for individuals who have a hectic schedule and this is due to the fact that one can prepare the meal and leave it on a slow cooker as they go about their daily activities. Once they get back home from a long day then they are guaranteed something to bite. Chicken burritos can be served as dinner or lunch and they are known to be mouthwatering and fulfilling as it contains different nutrients which make it a balanced diet. This is a type of dish that the young and old would not mind having. Who wouldn’t want to wind up their day with their friends and family enjoying mouthwatering and scrumptious dish.
PIN IT NOW, MAKE IT LATER