Golden BBQ Shrimp Cakes. Want to prepare yummy shrimp cakes for the entire family and loved ones? This tasty shrimp appetizer is an easy healthy lunch recipes, will not disappoint you!
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 10 mins
- 1/2 red onion chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper chopped
- 1/4 cup crushed pineapple drained
- 1 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup Golden BBQ Sauce
- 1 large egg
- 1 pound shrimp peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons Natural Grapeseed Oil
- 1/4 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon Golden BBQ Sauce
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- Divide the shrimp into two halves. Add one half of the shrimp, red onion, red bell pepper, pineapple, ½ cup Golden BBQ Sauce, bread crumbs, and egg in a large food processor. Pulse until it forms a smooth mixture.
- Get the remaining shrimp. Chop into ½ inch pieces.
- Transfer the pulsed shrimp mixture in a large bowl. Add the chopped pieces and mix appropriately before making 12 shrimp patties.
- In a 12-inch nonstick skillet placed over medium to high heat, heat Natural Grapeseed Oil. Add the patties. Cook each side for 5 minutes or until adequately cooked. The internal temperature should be 160 degrees F.
- Combine Yoghurt, one tablespoon Golden BBQ Sauce, lime juice, and cilantro to make the dipping sauce.
- Serve with prepared shrimp cakes with the prepared dipping sauce.
- 250 Calories (kcal)
- 12 Fat (g)
- 1.5 Saturated Fat (g)
- 15 Carbohydrates (g)
- 2 Fiber (g)
- 5 Sugar (g)
- 20 Protein (g)
- 145 Cholesterol (mg)
- 300 Sodium (mg)
Shrimp is an excellent source of protein, vitamins, and minerals, such as calcium, phosphorus, and magnesium. All these nutrients can effectively help fight against bone degeneration. It contains high levels of a carotenoid, a powerful antioxidant that can reduce any skin aging signs related to sunlight and UVA.
Adding shrimp in your diet 2 to 3 times a week will help you look younger and with glowing skin. It is also beneficial for proper brain health as it has high levels of iron. It also has iodine, which helps in making thyroid hormones in humans.
When you go to buy shrimp, select those that smell of saltwater only. When you thaw, it should be firm and fill the shell. Do not buy if it has black spots on their shells. After purchasing, you should cook a couple of shrimp as soon as possible. It helps check for flavor, texture, and presence of an iodine taste. If it's ok, you should store the remaining shrimp in the freezer.
Cook your Golden BBQ Shrimp cakes in a nonstick skillet to get the golden brown color. Golden BBQ Sauce gives the shrimp cakes a creamy-tangy appeal .The savory sauce is made of grated onion, garlic, tomatoes, rosemary leaves, mint leaves, vinegar, and water. You can use the sauce as an accompaniment to the meat after it's cooked. You can also mix it with the ingredients before cooking your dish.
Shrimp cakes are moist and tender. They are so mouthwatering and easy to prepare. Serve them for dinner with the creamy cilantro dipping. Your family will keep asking for more! The nutritious Golden BBQ Shrimp cakes are the way to go.