Ethiopian Carrot Ginger Soup. Give it a great start to your day with this Carrot Ginger Soup. This healthy ginger carrot appetizer is just what you need! Visit our site for more easy quick lunch recipes.Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Prep Time: 30 mins
Cook Time: 30 mins
- 2 tablespoons Organic Coconut Oil
- 1 large yellow onion chopped
- 4 tablespoons peeled and minced ginger
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 4 teaspoons Curry Seasoning
- 12 carrots peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 (13.6 ounce) cans lite coconut milk
- 4 teaspoons Vegetable Broth Mix
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- Heat Organic Coconut Oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the onions and saute until translucent. Add the ginger, garlic, and Curry Seasoning; stir and cook for 1 minute. Add the carrots and saute for 3 minutes. Add the coconut milk and Vegetable Broth Mix and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 20 minutes until the carrots are tender. Puree soup with an immersion blender or standard blender (Use caution - the soup will be HOT. If using a standard blender, place a wet cloth over the opening instead of the lid). If soup is too thick, add extra broth or coconut milk.
- Add the lemon juice and serve hot
- 150 Calories (kcal)
- 9 Fat (g)
- 8 Saturated Fat (g)
- 17 Carbohydrates (g)
- 3 Fiber (g)
- 5 Sugar (g)
- 10 Protein (g)
- 0 Cholesterol (mg)
- 310 Sodium (mg)
Soup is one of the fast upcoming recipes that people are trying to come up. It is among the oldest recipes in which it had not been given attention. But with the wide variety of its nutrients, it is now being tried in almost all homes.
This carrot ginger soup is one amongst the many sweet soups that has a whole lot of health benefits.Adding this soup to your diet contain crucial nutrients that help with eye maintenance and development. These include beta-carotene, lutein, and zeaxanthin, which are essential to eye health. A lack of just one of these can cause concerning eye problems. Such an example includes macular degeneration and blindness due to a lack of beta-carotene while the remaining nutrients are required to prevent any loss of vision during old age.
Unknowing to the benefits that they provide, many people put aside this crunchy vegetable soup not knowing what they’re missing out on. One of them includes antioxidants that carrots and ginger are filled with. Constant oxidation can lead to weak organs, which are caused by the harmful effect of roaming radicals. These radicals don’t stop at weakening the organs because they can wreak havoc on your immune system as well. So make sure to have this soup regularly to avoid cell mutation, protect your DNA and prevent different types of cancers.
Ensure your heart stays healthy and you live longer by having an adequate intake of this soup. Research shows that women who eat more orange colored vegetables lower their risks of developing heart diseases. Other studies show that carrot ginger soup can have a neutralizing effect on the damage caused by oxidation so it helps the body defend itself against the dangers of cardiovascular disorders. Carrots also have a remarkable cholesterol reducing capacity, which is an added benefit.
This meal is also pocket friendly as most ingredients are cheap and can be easily found. This is a reason you should never miss this soup in your diet.