If you are planning to throw a real good surprise for your loved ones, this homemade Chicken Taco Soup recipe is the best option for you.
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 25 mins
- 2 tablespoons Roasted Garlic Grapeseed Oil
- 1/2 small yellow onion finely diced
- 2 celery stalks finely diced
- 1 carrot finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic finely diced
- 1 tablespoon Taco Seasoning
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken stock
- 3/4 cup dry orzo or other small pasta
- 1/4 cup Fiesta Salsa Mix
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts cooked and shredded
- 3 tablespoons cilantro chopped
- Heat Roasted Garlic Grapeseed Oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion, celery, carrots, and garlic and saute until tender. Stir in Taco Seasoning.
- Add chicken stock and bring to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 5-10 minutes or until pasta is cooked through.
- Reduce heat to low and add chicken, tomatoes, and Fiesta Salsa Mix. Stir and cook for 5 minutes. Garnish with cilantro and serve with tortilla chips.
- 240 Calories (kcal)
- 8 Fat (g)
- 1 Saturated Fat (g)
- 27 Carbohydrates (g)
- 3 Fiber (g)
- 5 Sugar (g)
- 15 Protein (g)
- 30 Cholesterol (mg)
- 220 SodiumNotes
A lunch packed with a heavy meal goes a good way of keeping healthy and having full of energy to keep you for the remaining part of the day. This chicken meal is not an exception.
Chicken can maintain your cardiovascular health. Nutritionists suggest that adequate servings of chicken throughout the week can help alleviate increased blood pressure and cholesterol levels that contribute to cardiovascular problems like stroke and heart attack. Many studies have also conducted in this regard and revealed that chicken breast contains zero fat content and thus, effective for heart patients. This is possible because chicken is a powerhouse of minerals like magnesium and phosphorus that are known to maintain your cardiovascular health.
Seasonal cold is indeed utterly irritating. You can combat factors associated with seasonal viral like infectious bacteria only by sipping on some warm chicken soup. This delicious meal contains plenty of nutrients that help relieve common cold and other illnesses associated with it such as a sore throat and congested nose. Moreover, nutritionists recommend incorporating healthy food options like corn and other vegetables to improve your overall condition during a seasonal cold. This meal can clear the cold incase of a before attack.
Chicken is an ideal option when it comes to maintaining body weight. It contains minimum fat content and the maximum nutritional value thus, obese can incorporate it into their diet as well. You can opt for at least three servings of chicken breast in a week in any form. For instance, it can be added to salads and soups, and you can consume grilled chicken with your favorite vegetables as well, either way, chicken is safe for weight conscious people.
Your body needs regular doses of nutrients to function properly. You can treat various health problems by consuming chicken in moderation as it is a combination of distinctive minerals and vitamins. Nutritionists emphasized incorporating it into your diet as it has potential to maintain your overall well-being. Therefore, start consuming chicken and embrace a healthy body.