Crock Pot Carnitas with Quick Pickles is one of the easiest chicken easy recipes lunch that you can make . This chicken sandwich is sure to leave mouths watering.
Chicken Carnitas Sandwiches with Quick Pickles, crispy chicken carnitas are quick and easy to make and so freakin' good!
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 3-4 hours
- 1/2 orange juiced
- 1/2 lime juiced
- 2 tablespoons Fajita Seasoning
- 4 (4 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 carrot cut into matchsticks
- 1 small cucumber cut into matchsticks
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dill Dip Blend
- 4 whole wheat hamburger bun toasted (optional)
- 4 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- Combine the orange and lime juice with Fajita Seasoning.
- Add chicken to slow cooker and orange juice mixture to a slow cooker. Cook on low for 3-4 hours or until chicken is tender and falling apart.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl add cucumber and carrot. In a saucepan whisk together water, white vinegar, and Dill Dip; bring to a boil. Pour into the bowl with the vegetables. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Cut the rolls in half. Spread 1 tablespoon of mayonnaise on each bottom bun, top with shredded chicken, pickled vegetables, and top bun.
- 330 Calories (kcal)
- 10 Fat (g)
- 1 Saturated Fat (g)
- 29 Carbohydrates (g)
- 3 Fiber (g)
- 5 Sugar (g)
- 29 Protein (g)
- 80 Cholesterol (mg)
- 790 Sodium (mg)
Sandwiches are among the most popular fast foods in the world. Pizza, all kinds of pastas, burgers and sandwiches are all popular for the most important reason: they are variable. They can easily be made with other ingredients than intended and the result will be still great. Sandwiches are one of the least known secrets of successful dieters. Sandwiches make great food to lose weight, they are convenient, pleasing, have easy portion and calorie control and they are inexpensive. They make an ideal lunch.
Chicken is a rich source of lean protein which provides building blocks for body muscles since they contain high amounts of amino acids. It is also a great source of protein for individuals who are managing their weight. This is due to the fact that it contains low amounts of fats and cholesterol which makes it ideal. It also reduces the risk of cardiovascular related conditions which are often brought about due to high levels of cholesterol in different types of meals.
For a long time chicken soup has been known to be a great remedy for colds and flu. This is due to the presence of zinc and potassium that are readily available in the chicken as it strengthens the immune system. This therefore reduces the risk of getting diseases and infections. Chicken is also rich in iron which is also an important nutrient required by the human body. This is because iron promotes the formation of red blood cells within the body thus promoting transfer of oxygen to the different organs of the body. The chicken sandwich is a convenient meal as it takes a short time to prepare and is deemed as one of the best bites especially for individuals who are always on the move or have a busy schedule and they barely have time to grab a bite. There are easy recipes for chicken which one can enjoy.