Cheddar and Ale soup is a rich creamy soup that you can eat as lunch or dinner. Top it with bacon for an even richer taste. The delicious lunch recipes for your family.
This yummy Cheddar Ale Soup is a perfect soup for any crowd. Extra-sharp Cheddar and malty English ale balance perfectly in this hearty soup.
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup beer
- 1/2 cup Kids Cheez Blend
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon Chicken Bouillon Soup Base
- 1 (12 ounce) bag frozen broccoli
- Heat the butter in non-stick medium saucepan over medium heat
- Let the butter melt in a medium saucepan over medium heat
- Stir in the flour on the butter to form a roux
- Cook the roux until the color starts to turn slightly black. This should take about 5 minutes
- Slowly add the beer and whisk it continuously to keep the mixture smooth
- Add the Kidz Cheez Blend and whisk for about 2 minutes until the mixture thickens.
- Whisk in milk, water, and chicken bouillon Soup Base
- Bring the soup to boil and then cook for about two minutes constantly stirring
- Lower the heat, add broccoli and the simmer for about five minutes while stirring constantly until the broccoli is heated through and the desired thickness is achieved
- 230 Calories (kcal)
- 12 Fat (g)
- 7 Saturated Fat (g)
- 17 Carbohydrates (g)
- 1 Fiber (g)
- 7 Sugar (g)
- 10 Protein (g)
- 40 Cholesterol (mg)
- 510 Sodium (mg)
PIN IT NOW, MAKE IT LATER
This is one of my favourite recipes for the cold months. It is perfect for those beautiful days when the air is crispy. Those special moments you only share with family and close friends.
The Cheddar Ale soup goes well with bread. If you want to be real creative, you can serve this in a bread bowl.The choice of beer you use is very crucial. Floral beer (Belgian or mild pale ale) is a perfect recommendation for a finger-licking out-come. Hoppy IPA will not be a great choice since you will be forced to reduce the amount and the results will be a bitter mixture.
If you want to have smooth soup, chop the broccoli into tiny pieces, big chunks will not affect the taste of your soup though.
Since milk is a major ingredient use almond milk for those with milk allergies. Make sure you know about milk related allergies before you serve your guests. Try the recipe leave your comments below.