Want to try out Cajun Shrimp & Red Pepper Fettuccine? Try out this amazingly delicious shrimp easy healthy lunch recipes option that is loved by everyone in the family.
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 15 mins
- 2 pounds medium shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 red bell pepper finely diced
- 2 tablespoons Roasted Garlic Grapeseed Oil
- 1 tablespoon Cajun Seasoning
- 1 pound fettuccine
- 1 cup half & half
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Get a freezer bag. Add shrimp, Roasted Garlic Grapeseed Oil, red bell pepper, and Cajun Seasoning. Seal the bag properly before squeezing it to combine the ingredients.
- Before proceeding with the recipe, thaw the freezer bag completely.
- Prepare fettuccine as per the instructions on its package.
- Heat a 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Place a 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium to high heat. Transfer all the content in the freezer into the skillet. Cook for 5 to 7 minutes. Continuously stir. Do not cover.
- Stir in half & half. Reduce heat to medium. Add the fettuccine. Toss to coat.
- Garnish with Parmesan cheese.
- 420 Calories (kcal)
- 11 Fat (g)
- 3.5 Saturated Fat (g)
- 46 Carbohydrates (g)
- 7 Fiber (g)
- 4 Sugar (g)
- 34 Protein (g)
- 185 Cholesterol (mg)
- 330 Sodium (mg)
Shrimp is an excellent source of protein, vitamins, and minerals, such as calcium, phosphorus, and magnesium. All these nutrients can effectively help fight against bone degeneration. Zinc deficiency may result in loss of hair. The critical role of Zinc is to maintain and create new cells. Incorporating shrimp in your diet helps alleviate loss of hair and also improve its growth rate. Fettuccine is easy to make. You may buy already cooked ones if you don't have enough time to prepare them for yourself. When you want to prepare perfect pasta, you should first bring water to a rolling boil. Add salt to the boiling water. Avoid adding salt before the water boils; otherwise, the salt can pit your pot.
The surface of the pasta usually becomes sticky when you first add to water because of the glue-like starch. Therefore if you don't stir it immediately, it will stick together. Don't boil pasta in a covered pot to avoid spillovers. You may or may not add oil to the water. However, adding oil to the water does nothing but coats the noodles with fat which might prevent them from absorbing sauce later on.
Cajun seasoning is a versatile spice. It is a blend of spices and a must-have in your kitchen. It works well with all kinds of foods and is an easy way of giving your dish that fresh, spicy feel. You can easily make your Cajun seasoning at home. You only have to mix dried paprika, thyme, onion powder, garlic powder, black pepper, Italian Seasoning, and salt. You then store it covered in tightly closed a jar. Use when needed.
Red bell pepper is moderately hot and is used as a dish flavoring. When purchasing, you should select ones having thick and firm skin. The skin should be bright and glossy. Do not buy if it has soft spots and appear shriveled.