Butternut Squash Alfredo with Bacon & Peas. Give your lunch meals a new makeover with this delicious butternut delight. Butternut easy quick lunch recipes just get better!Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 20-25 mins
- 1 pound linguine
- 6 strips bacon diced
- 1 tablespoon Natural Grapeseed Oil
- 1/2 yellow onion diced
- 3 cups diced butternut squash
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons Chicken Bouillon Soup Base
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup Alfredo Extraordinaire (8.2 oz)
- 2 cups peas
- Cook linguine as per the instructions on its package. Drain excess liquid. Set aside.
- In a 10 inch nonstick skillet placed over medium heat, add bacon. Cook until well browned and crisp. Use a plate lined with paper towel to drain.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, heat Natural Grapeseed Oil. Fry onions for approximately 5 minutes or until they are translucent. Stir in butternut squash, water, and Chicken Bouillon Soup Base. Cover and cook until butternut squash is well prepared. Pour the butternut squash mixture to a blender. Add milk and Wildtree's Alfredo Extraordinaire. Puree to a smooth sauce.
- Transfer the sauce to saucepan with cooked linguine. Add peas.
- Cook over medium-low heat until adequately cooked.
- Serve topped with bacon.
- 570 Calories (kcal)
- 13 Fat (g)
- 4.5 Saturated Fat (g)
- 91 Carbohydrates (g)
- 7 Fiber (g)
- 13 Sugar (g)
- 24 Protein (g)
- 20 Cholesterol (mg)
- 430 Sodium (mg)
When you go to purchase butternut, you should select squash that has an even cream color. The skin should be firm, and the squash feels heavy for its size. If it has soft spots and appear dull with wrinkled skin, do not buy.
Butternut squash is packed with nutrients. Its flesh is full of vitamins A, and C. Its seeds contain plenty of protein and good fats healthy for your heart. You can also bake, or use it in a puree, in soups or stews.
Always store squash in a cool and dark place. If stored properly, it can keep for up to a month. Once you have cut it, wrap it in plastic before refrigerating. It can stay fresh for up to 5 days in the fridge.
Alfredo Extraordinaire is a fantastic product. Health wise, it contains whey protein, a soluble and easy to digest protein and which is efficiently absorbed into the body. The protein is known protein for its ability to provide nourishment to muscles quickly. Alfredo sauce is delicious. It is full of flavor and has a thick silky and creamy texture. Other than buying already prepared Alfredo sauce, you can as well make yours at home, and you will end up making some saving!
When buying peas, you should select those that are bright green and feel crisp. Always use fresh and young peas. If not using immediately, store peas for up to 4 days in a plastic container under refrigeration.
Bacon smells irresistible while cooking. It might however be somehow tricky to cook it due to the high bacon fat content .But if cooked well under low heat; there will be minimal splattering of the fats. You can save the fats and use it to fry eggs or boost the porky flavor to any meal.