Black Bean and Guacamole Tacos. Eat good, eat special this weekend and holidays! Pamper your loved ones with this homemade school lunch recipes.
Prep Time: 1 hour
Cook Time: 5-10 mins
- 2 avocados chopped
- 4 teaspoons Fajita Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper seeds and ribs removed, finely diced
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can no salt added petite diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup Poco Picante Salsa Mix
- 1 tablespoon Natural Grapeseed Oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can low-sodium black beans drained and rinsed
- 1/3 cup frozen corn
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chiles
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 6 (6-inch) whole wheat flour tortillas
- In a medium bowl, combine avocados, Fajita Seasoning, lime juice, cilantro, and jalapeno in a and mash slightly to combine.
- Cover and chill for 1 hour. Combine diced tomatoes and Poco Picante Salsa Mix in another bowl, cover, and chill for 1 hour.
- Over medium heat, heat oil in a 10-inch nonstick skillet. Saute garlic and bell pepper until garlic begins to brown. Add beans, corn, green chilies, and cumin and cook about 3-5 minutes or until most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Fill tortillas with some of the guacamole, salsa, and beans and garnish with shredded romaine lettuce, cilantro, and lime wedges.
- 230 Calories (kcal)
- 10 Fat (g)
- 1 Saturated Fat (g)
- 31 Carbohydrates (g)
- 9 Fiber (g)
- 4 Sugar (g)
- 6 Protein (g)
- 170 Sodium (mg)
Tacos are one of the most popular dishes to make at home. They are easy to make, taste great, and the ingredients don't cost much. Generally, taco toppings include chopped tomatoes, shredded lettuce, olives, shredded cheese, and sliced avocados. However, with a few different toppings you can change the flavor of the entire meal. Because they can be held in one hand, it may seem that tacos are insubstantial. Far from it, the taco can be complete nutrition that makes a meal smart. A disservice that fast-food chains may have given the American diet is the idea that a taco is a little naughty, a little too easy and not very sophisticated because you can drive up to a window to get one.
Guacamole is one of the best snacks to have in the evening. It does not only take care of our hunger pangs but also provides us enough fiber and vitamins which keep our body going. Black beans are one of the healthiest foods you can eat. High in fiber and protein, this wonder food is very dense in nutrients and low in fat. Black beans is so rich of minerals like magnesium, iron, zinc, calcium, phosphorous, manganese and copper. Those substances are essential for bones. They contribute in maintaining and building a strong bone structure.
Wheat flour tortillas are rich in carbohydrates and carbohydrates are also known as energy giving foods since they provide the body with the energy it requires to carry out different types of activities. Tacosare a convenient dish as it does not take up much time in its preparation. Therefore individuals can be able to prepare such a dish for their family as you can never go wrong with tacos.