Barbecued Pulled Pork with Sweet & Tangy Beans looks so good! I love pulled pork, and this sounds like healthy easy lunch recipes.
Barbecued Pulled Pork with Sweet & Tangy Beans is one of my go-to dinner recipes.
Cook Time: 5 hours
- 2 1/2 pounds pork roast
- 1 1/2 cups Wicked Good Slow Cooker Sauce
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 1 tablespoon Hickory Smoked Grapeseed Oil
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 1 teaspoon light brown sugar
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans great northern beans drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup Organic Ketchup
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1/2 cup vegetable stock
- Put together the wicked good slow cooker sauce, lemon juice, roasted pork and light brown sugar in a slow cooking cooker.
- Let it cook at a low heat for about 4 to 5 fours or rather until the pork is soft and it shreds easily using a fork.
- As you wait for the pork to get cooked, heat your hickory smoked grape seed oil using a large pot.
- After that, add 1 teaspoon of brown sugar and the onion.
- Allow it to fry until the onions become slightly brown.
- Thereafter, now add the ingredients that are remaining.
- Bring them all to a boil.
- After that you can now reduce the heat.
- Allow them to simmer for approximately 5 minutes.
- Proceed to serve your pulled pork together with beans or any vegetables that you prefer.
- Finally, enjoy.
- 510 Calories (kcal)
- 19 Fat (g)
- 5 Saturated Fat (g)
- 39 Carbohydrates (g)
- 5 Fiber (g)
- 18 Sugar (g)
- 46 Protein (g)
- 120 Cholesterol (mg)
- 850 Sodium (mg)
This is one finger- licking dish I have come across and I love it so much. It could be because of the barbecued sauces that are usually very predominantly sweet. I will give you a secret to this delicious barbequed beans and pork chop recipes. The secret is in the sauce that you choose to use.
Mustard and vinegar help great in spicing up the sauce. They do so well when it comes to balancing the wild tree’s organic ketchup and the light browned sugar. More so they have very important health benefits. For example, the mustard is a very major component that helps in fighting cancer, helps in metabolic process, relieves congestion in the lungs and also contribute to proper nerve transmission.
Vinegar on the other hand assists the body in controlling its blood glucose levels, it aids in loss of weight, just as mustard, it prevents the body from cancer, helps to reduce heart burns and finally, helps to fight against any kind of body allergies.
This sweet and tangy baked beans recipe is very simple to make and does pretty well when it is left alone all day to cook in the slow cooker. The constant temperature and long time passed when cooking basically yields a meal that can be pulled by hand. I am also fascinated by the sweet aroma that fills the house as it cooks and when served. This is just the perfect meal to serve when you are entertaining your family and friends or when watching let’s say a game.