Arrabbiata Shrimp gives you shrimp ideas so you don't have to struggle to make a shrimp dish. This shrimp arabiata food recipes easy lunch combines shrimp and spaghetti with tasty sauce and spices.
This dish's name--Arrabbiata Shrimp--comes from the Italian word for "angry" because of the spicy tomato and red pepper sauce. Serve it over pasta or rice.
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 20-25 mins
- 1 1/2 pounds whole wheat spaghetti
- 1 pound shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 teaspoon Souvlaki Seasoning
- 2 tablespoons Roasted Garlic Grapeseed Oil divided
- 1/2 yellow onion diced
- 2 zucchini diced
- 2 tablespoons Arrabbiata Sauce Blend
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup basil
- Start by preparing the spaghetti according to package directions
- Toss the shrimp with 1 teaspoon Arrabiata Sauce Blend. Proceed to heat 1 tablespoon of Roasted Garlic Grapeseed Oil in a 12 – inch nonstick skillet over medium – high heat.
- After that, add shrimp and saute’ for about 3 minutes or until it turns pink. Transfer to a plate
- Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon Roasted Garlic Grapeseed Oil in the empty skillet over medium heat. Then add onion and zucchini and saute for 5 minutes.
- From there, add diced tomatoes and the remaining 2 tablespoons Arrabiata Sauce Blend. Simmer for 10 minutes so as to allow development of flavor.
- Return the shrimp to skillet and cook until its cooked through. Finally serve shrimp mixture over cooked spaghetti, that is topped with basil and parmesan cheese if desired
- 370 Calories (kcal)
- 9 Fat (g)
- 1 Saturated Fat (g)
- 47 Carbohydrates (g)
- 7 Fiber (g)
- 9 Sugar (g)
- 28 Protein (g)
- 135 Cholesterol (mg)
- 690 Sodium (mg)
For seafood lovers, here are a few things I want to enlighten you about Arrabbiata Shrimp. First, it is low in calories. Studies show that a single medium shrimp provides about 7 calories, meaning a dozen provides less than 85 calories. Did you also know that Arrabbiata shrimp is rich in proteins? In fact all shrimp are protein – rich. Shrimp are primarily made of proteins, that’s in addition to the water content. Three ounces of baked shrimp provide 20 grams of protein.
You already want to order shrimp the next time you are out with family, don’t you? That is not all. Arrabbiata shrimp provides you with much impressive array of nutrients. Shrimp is also a source of antioxidants. The first is selenium which helps prevent premature aging and disease. Selenium achieves this by fighting free radicles that damage the DNA and cell membranes. Another antioxidant is astaxanthin. This one also prevents premature aging and disease, by reducing inflammation.
Have you been faced with allergies after consuming Arrabbiata shrimp? Well, studies show that shrimp are among the top allergens. An exposure to shrimp by people who are allergic to shellfish can cause a severe reaction, leading to anaphalyaxis. That would be a life threatening situation. Those allergic to shrimp are advised to see an allergist for proper directions.
A recent development has ensured that you can easily buy shrimp online. A curious precaution though, is that shrimp fraud has become very common with this new development. Unknown to you, you may consume Arrabbiata shrimp that produced in a farm which uses antibiotics, fungicides and other chemicals. You should be more cautious when buying Arrabbiata shrimp to avoid these unfortunate incidents.