Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 5 mins
- 1/4 cup hummus
- 1/2 teaspoon Fajita Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped cilantro
- 12 round wonton wrappers
- 1/2 avocado cut into 12 slices
- 2 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon Natural Grapeseed Oil
- Add hummus, Fajita Seasoning, and cilantro into a bowl. Mix to combine.
- Apply approximately a 1 teaspoon of the hummus mixture over each wonton wrapper.
- Top half of each wonton with a slice of avocado and feta cheese. Fold wrapper into half to form a mini quesadilla.
- Place a 12 inch non stick skillet over medium heat. Add and heat the Natural Grapeseed Oil.
- Cook each side of quesadillas for approximately 2 minutes or until it becomes golden brown.
- Place on paper towel-lined plate to drain.
- Serve warm.
- 120 Calories (kcal)
- 7 Fat (g)
- 1 Saturated Fat (g)
- 12 Carbohydrates (g)
- 2 Fiber (g)
- 0 Sugar (g)
- 3 Protein (g)
- 5 Cholesterol (mg)
- 180 Sodium (mg)
Hummus is so easy to prepare .they are also versatile and you can use them in a variety of recipes. Do you know that it’s not a must to use a food processor to make good hummus? The ingredients that you require are chickpeas, liquid from a can of chickpeas, tahini, crushed garlic, oil, and salt. You can use a blender, pestle and mortar or a microwave. Yes! You microwave chickpeas, they become much easier to mash with the use of a fork.
Cilantro is an herb. It is a popular seasoning. When purchasing cilantro, you should go for bunches that are bright in color and has fresh leaves. Give it a quick sniff to look out for its distinctive aroma. Do not buy if it appears wilted with blackened or yellowish leaves.
Wash cilantro just at the time you want to use them. Blot dry the leaves before chopping to prevent them sticking on the knife. Most recipes with cilantro require the use of fresh cilantro. They usually taste best in their fresh state. Add them to your food when it is almost done. Exposing it to heat leads to loss of flavor.
There are various cilantro recipes which you can serve in different ways. Use it to enhance the appearance of your guacamole or nachos. You can also sprinkle cilantro over stir fries.
Avocados are great for proper vision. They contain photochemical that are concentrated in the eye tissues thereby offering protection to the eyes and help minimize damage.
Avocado also has an adequate amount of folate required both pre and post conception. The fruit also supports proper fetal formation. If planning to have a baby or you are already pregnant, having more avocados in your diet is recommended. If you take avocados regularly, you also reduce your chances of suffering from depression.
The fruit is also full of natural fiber .It is helpful in preventing constipation and maintains a healthy digestive tract.
Mini Hummus Quesadillas are a quick fix. Vegetarians and Pescatarians will also love it.try it out today, and see what you have been missing.
PIN IT NOW, MAKE IT LATER