Lemon Raspberry Crepes is one of my go-to breakfast crepes recipes. I consider these sweet crepes since they have sugar as an ingredient. They are easy to make.
Prep Time: 30 mins
Cook Time: 10 mins
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 cups raspberries
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3/4 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 4 ounces Neufchatel cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups low fat milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Natural Grapeseed Oil
- 1 bag Gluten-Free Pancakes
- Add raspberries to a small saucepan and stir with sugar and water. Heat over medium heat until simmering.
- Whisk together lemon juice and cornstarch and stir into the raspberries.
- Cook for another minute or until slightly thickened; remove from heat.
- Using an electric hand mixer, mix together the Greek yogurt, Neufchatel cheese, and sugar until completely smooth; set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, low fat milk, and Natural Grapeseed Oil.
- Mix in the Gluten-Free Pancake Mix and let rest for 20 minutes at room temperature.
- Over medium heat, heat a greased 8-inch nonstick skillet.
- Add about 2 tablespoons of the batter to the skillet and swirl to coat the bottom of the skillet.
- Cook for about 1 minute, flip, and cook for another minute or until golden brown. Transfer to a plate.
- Repeat with remaining batter, greasing the skillet as necessary.
- Spread about 2 tablespoons of the prepared crepe filling over one half of each crepe and fold into quarters.
- Place 2 crepes on each plate and top with raspberry syrup.
- 190 Calories (kcal)
- 6 Fat (g)
- 2.5 Saturated Fat (g)
- 28 Carbohydrates (g)
- 2 Fiber (g)
- 15 Sugar (g)
- 6 Protein (g)
- 45 Cholesterol (mg)
- 180 Sodium (mg)
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. And it really is! Eating breakfast kick starts your metabolism, provides your body with essential nutrients, helps maintain a healthy weight and protects you from disease. Crepes are one of the most delicious foods to eat during breakfast, or when you want something good to supplement your dinner meals.
Majority of people are adapting a healthy lifestyle and thus they prefer to keep off any food substances that contain gluten. However gluten free pancakes are known to improve the health of people who suffer from irritable bowel syndrome and also arthritis. Low fat milk is rich in calcium which promotes the formation of strong bones and teeth and at the same time it reduces the risk of osteoporosis. Raspberries are high in dietary fiber and manganese .fiber is known to aid in slowing down the digestive process thus making you feel fuller for longer. This also helps in curbing cravings thus promoting weight loss.
Crepes are actually easy to make so you can very well do so in the comfort of your own kitchen. Therefore there is no excuse of skipping breakfast since they are easy to prepare and they do not take up much time to cook. What other better way of spending a few minutes enjoying this hearty and healthy crepes with your family before everyone embarks on their daily activities.
PIN IT NOW, MAKE IT LATER