Janel's Scallop BLT Recipe... these look so good! Need to try em soon! If you love the classic BLT sandwich, you need to a Seared Scallop BLT; a BLT topped with herbed butter, avocado, and simple seared ...This is a recipe for scallops that everyone should try.
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 5-7 mins
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Smoked Cheddar & Tomato Blend
- 8 sea scallops
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Smoky Bacon Grapeseed Oil
- 2 leaves romaine lettuce torn into 8 pieces
- 8 slices tomato
- 2 strips bacon cooked and quartered
- In a small bowl combine the mayonnaise and Smoked Cheddar & Tomato Blend; set aside.
- Season both sides of the scallops with salt and pepper.
- Over medium heat, heat a nonstick skillet .
- Add the Smoky Bacon Grapeseed Oil; once shimmering, add the scallops.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Remove from pan and let rest until cool enough to handle.
- To assemble, cut each scallop in half and use as a bun.
- Top the "bottom bun" with lettuce, a slice of tomato, and 1 piece of bacon.
- Spread about 1 teaspoon of the mayonnaise mixture on the "top bun" and place on top of the bacon.
- Use a toothpick to secure.
- 200 Calories (kcal)
- 10 Fat (g)
- 1 Saturated Fat (g)
- 8 Carbohydrates (g)
- 1 Fiber (g)
- 2 Sugar (g)
- 20 Protein (g)
- 45 Cholesterol (mg)
- 710 Sodium (mg)
It comes to no surprise that a majority of people love seafood. Realistically, what is there not to like? Fish and lobster may be the most popular forms of seafood desired and cooked by many. Scallops are a very popular type of seafood and one reason for that is because scallops are very versatile. If you've never tried scallops, then you've missed out on one of the most delightful cuisines the sea has to offer. They are the most delicate of foods, with a sweet aroma and soft meaty texture and have no comparison to shellfish.
Scallops promote cardiovascular health and this is due to the fact that they are rich in omega 3 fatty acids which help in balancing cholesterol levels and prevent the heart from oxidative stress. Scallops are also a great source of protein which helps in the formation of body muscles due to the presence of amino acids. Scallops also have low amounts of cholesterol and fat which makes it ideal for weight management. Scallops area quick fix and is deemed ideal for individuals who want a healthy bite but at the same time do not want to spend much of their time in the kitchen.
PIN IT NOW, MAKE IT LATER