Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup low sodium chicken stock
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Chipotle Ranch divided
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 1 tablespoon Roasted Garlic Grapeseed Oil
- 1 pound shrimp peeled, deveined, and chopped
- 1 cup matchstick carrots
- 1 (6 ounce) bag baby spinach
- 5 (8-inch) whole wheat flour tortillas
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Heat oven to 400°F. Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in flour and cook for 1 minute. Gradually whisk in chicken broth until smooth. Cook over medium heat until thickened. Stir in cheese until melted. Remove pan from heat and cool slightly. Stir in sour cream, 1 tablespoon Chipotle Ranch, and bell pepper.
- Heat Roasted Garlic Grapeseed Oil in a 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add shrimp and remaining ½ tablespoon Chipotle Ranch; cook until shrimp are pink. Transfer to a bowl.
- Add spinach and carrots to the now empty skillet and sauté until spinach is wilted. Transfer to bowl with shrimp and toss to combine.
- Fill each tortilla with about ½ cup of the shrimp filling.
- Place enchiladas in a baking dish seam-side down. Top with sauce. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Finish with chopped cilantro.
- 400 Calories (kcal)
- 20 Fat (g)
- 9 Saturated Fat (g)
- 27 Carbohydrates (g)
- 5 Fiber (g)
- 3 Sugar (g)
- 28 Protein (g)
- 175 Cholesterol (mg)
- 790 Sodium (mg)
While there are many factors that can dictate the severity of menstrual cramps, inflammation has been shown to play a role. Omega-6 fats are pro-inflammatory in nature, tending to make pain worse. However, shrimp contains much more omega-3 fatty acids, which are anti-inflammatory in nature and have a counter balancing effect on the omega-6. seafood in general are richer in omega-3 fats than terrestrial based meats, so do yourself a favor and eat more omega-3. Your body functions best when you consume more omega-3 fats.
The prostate gland is subject to numerous maladies as a man ages, ranging from the generally harmless (but still annoying) disease BPH, to even prostate cancer. Shrimp is rich in two minerals, zinc and selenium,which are important for prostate health and can arguably cut your risk of these aforementioned conditions. In a unique spin, shrimp possesses a rare fibrinolytic enzyme which promotes the busting of clots. To put this into perspective, people who suffer from a stroke have a good chance at recovery if they arrive at a hospital in decent time and are administered a sort of fibrinolytic enzyme. This is extremely useful when medication that prevent clots alone is not sufficient, as shrimp can help destroy the clots before they aggregate to a size considered dangerous.
Anti-oxidants help to buffer the effects of free radical generation in the skin, which accelerate damage and wear to the cells. What makes shrimp special, however, is again the presence of astaxanthin. This is a unique carotenoid anti-oxidant which is able to reflect UV rays, virtually eliminating the effect that it has on your skin. There is scarcely anything better than having a barrier on your skin, which makes shrimp excellent support for your skin.
For spinach, it provides vitamin B and minerals like iron that help in transportation of oxygen in the body.