Prep Time: 1 hour 20 mins
Cook Time: 10-15 mins
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 2 teaspoons Natural Grapeseed Oil
- 1/4 cup diced celery stalks
- 1/4 cup shredded carrot
- 1 cup cooked shredded chicken
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chiles
- 1 tablespoon Blazin' Buffalo Blend
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 avocado diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Poke a few holes in each potato using a fork and wrap in foil. Bake until knife tender, about 1 hour. Remove from oven and cool.
- While potatoes are cooling, heat Natural Grapeseed Oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the celery and carrot. Cook 3 minutes. Add the chicken, chilies, and Blazin' Buffalo Blend; toss to combine and continue cooking 2 more minutes. Remove from heat.
- Slice potatoes in half lengthwise. Use a spoon to remove the flesh of the potato and transfer to a bowl. Place potato shells on a sheet pan.
- Mash the potato flesh to desired consistency. Add the chicken mixture to the potato and stir to combine. Divide the chicken/potato mixture among the 4 shells. Top with cheddar cheese.
- Bake 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted. Remove from oven. Serve sweet potatoes with diced avocado and cilantro.
- 250 Calories (kcal)
- 12 Fat (g)
- 4.5 Saturated Fat (g)
- 18 Carbohydrates (g)
- 5 Fiber (g)
- 4 Sugar (g)
- 17 Protein (g)
- 45 Cholesterol (mg)
- 440 Sodium (mg)
Sweet potatoes are believed to be capable of warming up the body, possibly due to the sweetness and other nutrients that impact body temperature. This property is also beneficial for people suffering from bronchitis, along with its powerful effect on congestion. The concentration of vitamin C, iron, and other nutrients helps cure bronchitis.
Beta-carotene, magnesium, zinc, and vitamin B complex make sweet potatoes a highly important food source for managing arthritis. The water in which sweet potatoes are boiled can also be applied externally on joints to ease the associated pain of arthritis..
Chicken on the other hand, is a widely eaten meat by almost everyone. This is because of it being a "power" food. It has a wide variety or nutrients and minerals.
Chicken contains all the essential amino acids necessary for the growth and maintenance of our bodies. In fact, its meat is one of the most complete dietary sources of protein. For this reason, it may be of particular benefit for bodybuilders, recovering athletes, post-surgical patients, or other people who need to build up or repair their muscles. High-quality protein is the main nutritional component of this salad making it useful for muscle growth and maintenance.
It has high content of magnesium. This in turn helps in muscle movements through contraction and relaxation of muscles. Magnesium also helps regulate neurotransmitters, which send messages throughout your brain and nervous system. It is also a source of calcium. Calcium not only strengthen bones and teeth but also has other functions like maintaining cardiovascular health. It plays an important part in ensuring that the heart muscles contract as they should, with the heart regulating tight control over calcium ions to ensure that an electrical charge gradient is maintained.
Try this meal and you will get disappointed with its advantages.
PIN IT NOW, MAKE IT LATER