Use frozen or fresh broccoli to make healthy broccoli fritters. Who knew broccoli would taste this good.
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 15 mins
- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup gluten-free bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon Lemon Pepper Blend
- 2 tablespoons Natural Grapeseed Oil divided
- Place the frozen broccoli in a strainer to thaw and hence remove all the excess water.
- Take a food processor and add the eggs, broccoli, breadcrumbs, Parmesan and Lemon Blend. Pulse them together till they are well combined.
- Place a 12-inch non-stick frying pan over medium heat and heat a tablespoon of the Natural Grapeseed Oil.
- Scoop a tablespoonful sized rounded broccoli mixture and added it to the hot pan. Use a spoon to flatten it to a ½ inch round.
- Shallow fry each side for approximately 5 minutes or until it becomes golden brown. Repeat until the entire mixture gets finished.
• Serve with the cream of your choice.
- 120 Calories (kcal)
- 7 Fat (g)
- 1.5 Saturated Fat (g)
- 10 Carbohydrates (g)
- 3 Fiber (g)
- 1 Sugar (g)
- 6 Protein (g)
- 65 Cholesterol (mg)
- 190 Sodium (mg)
Everyone loves the mild taste bitter taste of raw broccoli. The cruciferous vegetable has amazing fiber content for keeping your digestion regulated. It also keeps the stomach lining healthy and helps maintain healthy bacteria levels in the intestines. Broccoli contains certain phenolic compounds that help keep away chronic diseases. It is rich in vitamin K, and choline, therefore, helps boost cognition and memory.
If you want to keep your hair shiny, thick and healthy, you should eat broccoli on a regular basis. Vitamin A and C in the vegetable regulates sebum production on the scalp. Thus your hair will be naturally moisturized.
Broccoli can also help improve your sexual performance. It boosts blood circulation to the body organs and helps improve your libido. You may use it once in a while as a bedtime snack just to ensure that you and your spouse have some memorable moments. The folate and vitamin C may help in improving your fertility levels and enhance sperm count.
When buying broccoli, look for those that have bright green heads, compact clusters of florets, and firm stalks. Ensure that it has a spicy and pleasant fragrance. To refrigerate it, you have to mist its unwashed heads and then wrap in paper towels. You can store it for maximum 2-3 days in the fridge.
Although this fantastic vegetable has a wealth of health benefits, it has some side effects such as bowel irritation and some allergic reaction. Talk to your doctor before adding broccoli to your diet in large quantities. But to enjoy all its health benefits, eat it in moderation.
When making your fritters, try keeping your flour to a minimum but not so little to make your pancake fall apart. Less batter makes for a crispier pancake. Fritters don't need any help with rising, but a little baking powder results in fluffy pancakes. Eggs, of course, are essential in fritters. You surely do not want an uncooked fritter. Cook them for a short time in a preheated oven to ensure that the pancakes are cooked all the way through.
PIN IT NOW, MAKE IT LATER