Zucchini Bites are yummie appetizers recipes that are a healthier alternative to a classic fried zucchini fritter! Delicious both hot and cold and loved by kids.
Cook Time: 20 mins
- 1 cup zucchini grated
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup diced yellow onion
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons Souvlaki Seasoning
- Start by preheating the oven to 400 degrees F . Secondly, apply grease on mini-muffin tin of 12 cups. Then grate the zucchini. After that, place the zucchini in a dish towel in order to remove out the excess water. Mix the egg, yellow diced onion, crumbled feta cheese, panko bread crumbs, zucchini, and finally the Souvlaki Seasoning in a bowl. Fill the muffin cups completely up to the top, with a tablespoon.
- Bake it for approximately 20 minutes, or make sure that the top is browned and well set.
- 70 Calories (kcal)
- 3.5 Fat (g)
- 2 Saturated Fat (g)
- 6 Carbohydrates (g)
- 1 Fiber (g)
- 2 Sugar (g)
- 4 Protein (g)
- 55 Cholesterol (mg)
- 170 Sodium (mg)
Zucchini; is also known as Courgette. It is available in a green colour or light green colour or yellow. It has a shape that looks similar to a cucumber. It has several seeds in it. Zucchini is produced in parts of Japan, Turkey, Argentina and Romania and you can also grow them in your backyard.
Apart from zucchini being a source of food, zucchini plays a great role in the body by preventing tdiseases .Consuming zucchini often , helps prevent all general diseases .Researchers have showed that foods rich in fiber assist the body in eliminating cancer causing toxins. It also has vitamin C which has anti –inflammatory substances thus enhancing ones vision.
Zucchini also helps in protecting the circulatory system of the body. Studies from health experts show that it has high levels of vitamin C and manganese. These minerals assist in keeping the heart powerful and help in prevention of cholesterol oxidation. Cholesterol that is oxidized builds on the walls of blood vessels and if it is in high levels it may lead to the development of atherosclerosis. This may result to a stroke or heart attack.
For those searching for a method to lose weight in a natural and healthy way, zucchini can be of a great help in that because Zuchini is low carb. It’s known for boosting the nutritional value of the diet. Zucchini has low calories thus it gives you the feeling of being of satisfied .Hence, it makes one feel satisfied without skipping meals. Zucchini has a high content of water .it has fiber thus making it an ingredient for making zucchini recipes such as cheesy zucchini bites recipe ,zucchini casserole recipes and apple and zucchini recipe which are perfect for anyone on a diet.
This is a must try appetizer recipe that you are bound to enjoy.