There surely cannot be anything better than this veg fingerfood Delicious appetizers. This recipe is easy and quicck to make in under one hr.
Prep Time: 30 mins
Cook Time: 5 mins
- 1 tablespoon natural grapeseedoOil
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1 (3.5 ounce) container shiitake mushrooms chopped
- 1 teaspoon Herbed Garlic Sea Salt Blend
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons Sweet & Sour Sauce
- 40 wonton wrappers
- Place a 12 inch non stick skillet over medium heat. Add and heat Natural Grapeseed Oil.
- Stir in cabbage, carrots, mushrooms, Herbed Garlic Sea Salt Blend, and sesame seeds. Cook for 5 minutes or until softened. Transfer to a bowl. Set aside to cool.
- Toss with Sweet & Sour Sauce.
- Fill each wrapper with 1/2 tablespoon of the vegetable filling.
- Steam wontons in a steam basket for 2 minutes. Work in batches if possible
- Pan Fry for a crisp dumpling if you like.
- Serve with additional Sweet & Sour Sauce for dipping.
- 130 Calories (kcal)
- 2.5 Fat (g)
- 0 Saturated Fat (g)
- 23 Carbohydrates (g)
- 1 Fiber (g)
- 3 Sugar (g)
- 4 Protein (g)
- 5 Cholesterol (mg)
- 290 Sodium (mg)
Dumplings need some lubrication; therefore, you may use some oil to prevent your dumping from becoming hard and dry. Boiling your dumplings makes for a more interesting contrast with the flavors of the filling, and the dipping sauces. You may, however, steam or panfry them.
Purchase cabbage that have a firm head with tightly packed leaves. You can identify a head that is tightly packed as it is more substantial than a loosely packed one. Cut the cabbage halfway and slice into hand-sized chunks. You should remove and set aside the thick, solid core which you may later steam and serve as a dinner vegetable. After all, nobody wants the chewy, thick parts of the cabbage in a salad.
Mushroom is ideal for the vegetarians. It is a good source of proteins for the Pescatarians. Mushroom recipes varies .It is very versatile. Chop and add it to stuffing's, casseroles, soups, and sauces. The stems and gills are edible. For stuffing, you have to remove the gills. The stem of a mushroom adds flavor and nutrients to your serving.
Mushrooms are so nutritious. They are low in saturated fat and cholesterol and high in fiber. They are also a rich source of copper, which helps our bodies produce red blood cells. They are richer in proteins compared to most vegetables. It is a natural source of vitamin D, which helps in the development of healthy bones and teeth.
When buying mushrooms, you should select those that are firm and solid. Avoid any that are dried up, shriveled, slimy, or limp. They should have a fresh and earthy smell.
Well prepared vegetable dumpling is moist and juicy. It is a perfect example of a comfort food. Fixing it is equally simple. Within 35 minutes, your appetizer is ready. You only have to convince your taste buds to practice some patience.
PIN IT NOW, MAKE IT LATER