Try out the Sweet Potato Taquitos. These mouth-watering and delish recipes appetizers are not only tasty, you can also make them in under 30 minutes. They are sure to spruce up any appetizer recipes party tray.
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 22 mins
- 1 tablespoon Natural Grapeseed Oil
- 1/2 pound sweet potato peeled and diced
- 1/2 yellow onion diced
- 1 tablespoon Chipotle Lime Rub
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can no salt added black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 16 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- 12 tablespoons shredded Mexican cheese blend divided
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Place a medium sized nonstick skillet over medium heat .Add and heat Natural Grapeseed Oil .Add the sweet potato, onion, and Chipotle Lime Rub.
- Cook for approximately 10 minutes or until the sweet potato becomes tender. Remove from heat.
- Stir in the black beans and cilantro.
- Lay a tortilla on a flat working surface. Add a tablespoon of the mixture and a tablespoon of cheese towards the edge of the tortilla. Roll up tight like a burrito and place on a lightly greased sheet pan. Repeat with the remaining ingredients.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the tortillas are golden brown and the cheese has melted
- 160 Calories (kcal)
- 5 Fat (g)
- 2 Saturated Fat (g)
- 22 Carbohydrates (g)
- 3 Fiber (g)
- 2 Sugar (g)
- 5 Protein (g)
- 5 Cholesterol (mg)
- 310 Sodium (mg)
There are so many easy sweet potato dishes that you can prepare. Sweet potato taquitos are among the dishes .Sweet potatoes are always eaten cooked. Naturally, they have a sweet flavor. You can use them in a variety of dishes, both savory and sweet. You can serve them baked, mashed, fried or roasted
Sweet potatoes are excellent in vitamin A. They are also good in potassium and vitamin C, B6, riboflavin, and folic acid. When selecting sweet potatoes, you should go for the ones that are firm with no cracks or bruises they should be small to medium and should be heavy for their in size.
Most sweet potatoes mealsare so simple to prepare. They are a healthier alternative to white potatoes. In the Sweet potato taquitos recipe, you first have to sauté your potatoes before mixing with beans. You then spread the mixture on tortillas before baking.
Black beans have a high amount of folate and dietary fiber. fiber helps reduce the cholesterol levels in the blood thus decreasing the risks of heart ailments. The beans are rich in slow-digesting carbohydrates, protein, and fiber. You, therefore, feel fuller for longer after consuming them. The slow release of sugars to the blood has soothing effects on blood sugar levels.
The beans contain a dense and meaty texture. It is a favorite dish for a vegetarian diet. You can cook black beans in a variety of methods but still get the same nutritional benefits. Even after removing them from heat, the beans continue to cook. It is advisable to remove them from heat before they cook entirely or let them cook and after that immerse them in cold water after boiling.
PIN IT NOW, MAKE IT LATER