Spicy Cocktail Meatballs are one of the best meatball appetizers recipes. This is a perfect slow cooker recipe that you can make with beef. Kids will love this Hordevours recipes appetizers.
Prep Time: 15-20 mins
Cook Time: 2-4 hours
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoons parsley chopped
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1 large egg beaten
- 1 teaspoon Rancher Steak Rub
- 2/3 cup Wildtree's Organic Ketchup
- 1/2 cup Happenin' Hot Pepper Jelly
- In a large bowl, combine the ground beef, parsley, breadcrumbs, egg, and Rancher Steak Rub.
- Shape mixture into approximately thirty 1-inch meatballs. Heat a large, nonstick skillet over medium heat and brown the meatballs on all sides.
- Transfer the meatballs to a slow cooker. Whisk together the Organic Ketchup and Hot Pepper Jelly and pour over the meatballs; stir to coat.
- Cook on low for 4 hours or on high for 2 hours, stirring occasionally, until the internal temperature of the meatballs reaches at least 160 degrees F.
- 230 Calories (kcal)
- 9 Fat (g)
- 3.5 Saturated Fat (g)
- 19 Carbohydrates (g)
- 1 Fiber (g)
- 14 Sugar (g)
- 17 Protein (g)
- 80 Cholesterol (mg)
- 330 Sodium (mg)
Along with proteins,this meatballs also provides essential amino acids that help in digestion. Since our body cannot produce these by itself, they must be acquired from food. There are nine essential amino acids namely histidine, leucine, lycine, isoleucine, methionine, phenylalanine, threonine, tryptophan, valine, and meat provides all nine and therefore is called a complete protein. Vitamin D also aids in strong bones and is vital for calcium absorption and metabolism.
Iron is one of the key minerals that aids in ensuring proper blood circulation and transport of oxygen to all cells. And different types of meat are a good source of iron. Iron deficiency can lead to serious health concerns and is initially recognized by weakness, lack of concentration, and fatigue. Pairing high iron from this appetizer with vitamin C rich foods like oranges is beneficial for the absorption of iron.
The good fatty acids known as omega-3 in seafood keep the heart healthy and reduce the worry of cardiovascular malfunctions. A regular consumption of omega-3 fatty acids will cut out the risk of heart attack, stroke, and arrhythmias. The types of B vitamins thatthis spicy meal provides are niacin, folic acid, thiamine, biotin, pantothenic acid, vitamin B12, and vitamin B6 and they help in the formation of hormones, red blood cells, and nervous system functioning. These vitamins also help produce energy in the body and keep the heart and nervous system healthy.
Consumption of this appetizer which is rich in omega-3 fatty acids is beneficial for healthy skin and hair. The fatty acids protect the skin from UV rays and restore the moisture to the skin for a natural glow. Vitamin A found in it ensures strong bones, teeth, healthy skin, and eyes. Intake of meat is also linked to improving the condition of a lot of skin diseases such as psoriasis, eczema, dermatitis.
Pregnant women are advised to take meals with beef.The omega-3 fatty acids present in this meal help in the brain and eye development in babies. It is also known to curb depression which is common during and after pregnancy
PIN IT NOW, MAKE IT LATER