Southwestern Rollups is an easy, delicious fingerfood recipes for appetizers. See more of top-rated rollups recipes on our website. Perfect as fall Appetizers Appetizer Recipes.
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 0 mins
- 6 ounces cream cheese softened
- 4 ounces sour cream
- 3 tablespoons Curry Seasoning
- 4 slices bacon cooked and chopped
- 1 cup chopped lettuce
- 1/2 cup red pepper diced
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper diced
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 (4 ounce) cooked shredded boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the sour cream, cream cheese, and Wildtree Spicy Curry Seasoning.
- Fold in the lettuce, bacon, peppers, chicken, and cheese.
- Spread the creamy lettuce bacon mixture evenly between tortillas and then roll it.
- Put in the fridge for approximately an hour or until the roll-up is firm. Insert toothpicks to secure and then cut into slices.
- 420 Calories (kcal)
- 20 Fat (g)
- 10 Saturated Fat (g)
- 34 Carbohydrates (g)
- 3 Fiber (g)
- 4 Sugar (g)
- 24 Protein (g)
- 85 Cholesterol (mg)
- 900 Sodium (mg)
For a great looking rollup, put your meat on the outside and your lettuce and other veggies inside. When alternated on a plate with tortilla wraps, they give an awesome look. You only lay down the tortillas, roll up with fillings and then secure with toothpicks and butter. You end up having an open-side.
If you make your wrap well, it may hold together on its own. You may, however, need to use some toothpicks to keep it properly secured. You may also use a layer of butter, mayonnaise, dipping sauce, or even guacamole to seal the edges of the roll.
Making Southwest Rollups couldn't be easier and for a lighter version, use light cream cheese and sour cream. These flavorful chicken roll-ups are full of protein and vegetables. Use fat-free cream cheese to make it a little leaner and serve with whole-grain rice for a complete and delicious meal.
Most meats, veggies, fats and other ingredients need little refrigeration. Pack the food cold, add a small refreeze bar, and bring to room temperature an hour before eating. Hand one of your colleagues the Southwestern Rollup, and tell them its weight loss food!
You may even opt for making them into wraps for lunch or dinner. You could easily swap out the meats for whatever veggies and beans you have in the fridge. Perfect for a vegetarian! They are so versatile and delicious; you have to make these!
You can customize whatever you have in your pantry to fit the tastes of your kids. Deli meats, ground meats, grated vegetables, avocado, soaked seeds, sprouts, bacon bits, raw or cooked vegetables, leftover casserole dishes, salads, salsa. Use flavored cream cheese and finely diced red bell pepper. If you're a loving onion family, add some finely diced red onions. To get the best flavor and texture, make your tortilla roll-ups in advance.
You can eat Southwestern rollups as an appetizer, side dish or main dish any time of the year. Whichever way you decide to have them they will taste great, and your whole family will love them.
PIN IT NOW, MAKE IT LATER