Saucy Wings are a delish way to serve appetizers This Delish recipes appetizers will be your family's new favorite meal! Amazingly good in taste and delicious!
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 25 mins
- 4 pounds chicken wings
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons Sloppy Joe Blend
- 1 (6 ounce) can no salt added tomato paste
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 3 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- Switch on the oven to a temperature of 450 degrees F. Grease a sheet pan and set it aside.
- Get a large zip-top bag .put the chicken wings and cornstarch and shake well to coat the chicken.
- Put the chicken wings on the sheet pan in one layer and bake for 15 minutes. Flip to bake the other side for an additional 10 minutes or until the chicken is well cooked. The internal temperature should be 165 degrees F.
- Mix the water, Sloppy Joe Blend, tomato paste, mustard, and brown sugar in a large bowl to make the sauce.
- Get a separate large bowl and place the cooked wings, Add one cup of the sauce, and toss to coat the sides.
- Use the remaining sauce for dipping.
- 360 Calories (kcal)
- 24 Fat (g)
- 6 Saturated Fat (g)
- 5 Carbohydrates (g)
- 2 Sugar (g)
- 28 Protein (g)
- 115 Cholesterol (mg)
- 340 Sodium (mg)
When cooking the chicken wings, remember to use medium o high heat so that the skin becomes crispy and browns equally while at the same time the inside of the meat cooks well .You don't want to end up presenting your guests with uncooked meat!
The next time your guests are coming over, try serving these baked saucy wings as an appetizer. You will set for them the mood for fun filled evening as they wait for the main meal. They also make an excellent snack.
Chicken wings are relatively high in protein and also do contain potassium and iron. When you cook them without batter, they are free of carbohydrates. Cornstarch acts as a thickener here and also helps in absorbing the chicken juices. To get the maximum health benefits from your chicken. You are better off baking them rather than frying. During baking, you get to infuse all the nutrients within the meat, and your wings get to cook gently.
Once you get your whole chicken, you can cut the wings into three pieces: the flat, the drumette, and the tip. Depending on your recipe, you may cut it into smaller pieces or not. Chicken wings have a higher skin to meat ratio than any other part of the chicken. But small bitable sizes are good for saucy wings.
Labels on chicken wings can be deceiving. Therefore, you must be very careful when buying chicken wings unless you are getting them direct from the farmer. If you're looking for a healthy and environmentally-friendly chicken to bake, avoid the stores if possible.
The next time your guests are coming over, try serving these baked saucy wings as an appetizer. You will set for them the mood for a fun-filled evening as they wait for the main meal. They also make an excellent snack.
PIN IT NOW, MAKE IT LATER