Nachos are a favorite appetizer. Loaded with cheese, beans and tortilla chips,this recipe will leave you asking for more. Colorful and flavorful Appetizers And Party Recipes.
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 10-15 mins
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can low-sodium black beans drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons Fajita Seasoning
- 1/2 cup water
- 3/4 cup Nacho Cheese Dip Mix
- 1/2 cup low fat milk
- 1 (14 ounce) bag tortilla chips
- 1 cup shredded pepper Jack cheese
- Switch on the oven to a temperature of 350 degrees F to preheat.
- Place a 12 inch nonstick skillet over medium to high heat. Add ground beef and quickly fry until it is well cooked.
- Add black beans, Fajita Seasoning, and water. Mix to combine. Cook over medium heat for approximately 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
- In the mean time, add Nacho Cheese Dip Mix and milk in a small skillet over medium heat. Whisk them together. Cook until it becomes thick and adequately heated.
- Take half of the tortilla chips and spread them in one layer on a baking sheet. On top of the chips, drizzle half of the Nacho Cheese Dip Mix sauce. Top with half of the beef and bean mixture, and half of the pepper jack cheese. Repeat the same process starting with the remaining tortilla chips until you use all the ingredients.
- Bake nachos for about 10-15 minutes or until all the cheese is melted.
- Garnish with scallions.
- Serve with Wildtree Guacamole and/or Fiesta Salsa.
- 430 Calories (kcal)
- 21 Fat (g)
- 4 Saturated Fat (g)
- 42 Carbohydrates (g)
- 7 Fiber (g)
- 1 Sugar (g)
- 23 Protein (g)
- 50 Cholesterol (mg)
- 410 Sodium (mg)
Nacho sounds somehow funny. It is a very awesome appetizer filled with beef, blackbeans, cheese, and pepper. If you want tender bites of tasty beef in your nachos, you should go for tender cuts of meat. You should therefore go for tough, lean cuts which have low fat, but do have collagen. Collagen easily gets broken down over prolonged and the end results are a tasty fork tender meat.
If you want to get the entire flavor especially when it comes to large cuts of meat, season it well at the initial stages of your cooking. For a spicy beef, you need to properly season the meat with the desired flavor. You should give the beef a nice sear and crust. Searing also promotes the browning. It makes the meat soft and tender without falling apart
If you cook the beef for long, and slow with liquid, it helps to break down rich collagen. It also tenderizes the meat fibers and adds flavor to the gravy as it cooks. Cooking it too high and too quickly yields a tough meat.
. Black beans have a high amount of folate and dietary fiber. They are rich in slow-digesting carbohydrates, protein, and fiber. You, therefore, feel fuller for longer after consuming them. The slow release of sugars to the blood has soothing effects on blood sugar levels.
The beans contain a dense and meaty texture. It is a favorite dish for a vegetarian diet. You can cook black beans in a variety of methods but still get the same nutritional benefits.
PIN IT NOW, MAKE IT LATER