Herbed Quinoa Stuffed Grape Leaves are super simple and healthy recipes for appetizers. It makes for a quick, tasty, and easy dish anytime of the day. Enjoy fall recipes appetizers made from quinoa.
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 30 mins
- 1 cup dry quinoa
- 1 tablespoon Souvlaki Seasoning
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons mint chopped
- 1 bulb fennel diced
- 1 cup scallion chopped
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1 (15.2 ounce) jar grape leaves
- 2 cups hot water
- 2 teaspoons chicken soup base
- In a large bowl,combine all of the ingredients except the grape leaves, water, and chicken soup base.
- Unseal the jar with the grape leaves and rinse them well under cold running water. Separate the leaves and set aside the ones that are torn or not in a good position.
- Take one grape leaf and put it flat on your work area surface with the stem part pointing towards you. Place a teaspoon or two of the quinoa filling in the middle of the leaf and fold the bottom and sides over the filling such that the filling is properly covered, then tightly roll it and place it with the seam down. Continue like this until you use up all the filling. (Do not over stuff the leaves since the quinoa bulges slightly during cooking hence it can pour out).
- Place some of the unused, torn leaves in the bottom of a medium saucepan to protect the stuffed leaves from burning during cooking. Arrange the stuffed leaves seam side down in the pan. Tightly packed the stuffed grape leaves next to each other so that they won't unfold during cooking.
- Combine the water and chicken soup base and pour into pan to cover the stuffed grape leaves. Place a plate or a lid on top; this will stop any movement from the boiling bouillon that could ruin the stuffed leaves.
- Cook on medium to low heat for 25 - 35 minutes or until the water is mostly absorbed and then quinoa is cooked through.
- Serve warm or cold or as desired.
- 250 Calories (kcal)
- 6 Fat (g)
- 2 Saturated Fat (g)
- 40 Carbohydrates (g)
- 11 Fiber (g)
- 9 Sugar (g)
- 12 Protein (g)
- 10 Cholesterol (mg)
- 260 Sodium (mg)
The following refers to detailed facts of the meal;
• Quinoa is one the food proven to have a lot of quite healthy benefits. It is gluten-free, high in protein and one of the few plant foods that contain all nine essential amino acids. It is also known to have twice as high in fiber than other grains in which it helps incase of constipation. Furthermore it has magnesium, B-vitamins, iron, potassium, calcium, phosphorus, vitamin E and various beneficial antioxidants.
• Tzatziki is full of creamy, savory goodness. With its salty, lemon and pepper taste,it adds sweetness and hotness to the bites.
• This meal has almost to no fats. You won't be able to fight with diseases and issues on health that comes about with fatty foods like obesity. The lemon also breaks down the minute amount of the fats.
• For general health and wellness, grape leaves are a good source of nutrients, including vitamins C, E, A, K and B6.
PIN IT NOW, MAKE IT LATER