Great bagette appetizer for the summer.
This homemade recipe is easy to make and great to consume.
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 5 mins
- 2 ears corn shucked
- 2 teaspoons natural grapeseed oil
- 1 (8 ounce) demi baguette cut into 12 slices
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Curry Seasoning
- 1/4 cup crumbled queso fresco cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 lime cut into wedges
- Heat grill to medium-high heat. Clean and grease the grill grates.
- Rub or brush the corn with Natural Grapeseed Oil.
- Season corn with salt and pepper if desired.
- Grill corn 2-3 minutes per side until lightly charred and tender; slice corn off the cob.
- Grill or broil the bread slices until toasted.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix together the crema, mayonnasie, and Curry Seasoning. Spread some of the mixture on each grilled slice of bread.
- Top with corn and queso fresco. Garnish with cilantro and fresh lime juice if desired.
- 70 Calories (kcal)
- 2 Fat (g)
- 1 Saturated Fat (g)
- 10 Carbohydrates (g)
- 1 Fiber (g)
- 2 Sugar (g)
- 2 Protein (g)
- 5 Cholesterol (mg)
- 85 Sodium (mg)
Nothing says summer like pulling the grill out of the garage, brushing the spider webs and dust bunnies from the frame of your old friend, letting the world know you are ready for another season of great eating. Garden fresh corn has become a favorite grill food item. Some like it with butter, other's prefer it plain, while majority of people want to add herbs and spices to enhance the experience of eating hot corn, straight off the grill.
Corn contains various health benefits. Corn is known to be a great source of carbohydrates which provides the body with sufficient energy that it requires to carry out different types of activities. Corn is likewise rich in fiber which aids in alleviating constipation, hemorrhoids, constipation and also lowering the risk of colon cancer. Corn also is rich in vitamins B which produces thiamin that is essential in maintaining cognitive function and promote nerve health.
Demi baguette is a type of narrow French bread and is likewise known to have nutritional value that is attached to it. Bread is a great source of carbohydrate which provides the body cells with energy so that they can be able to carry out their different functions. Bread is also rich in iron and iron plays an important role in the health of an individual as it aids in the transportation of oxygen to different cells of the body. Cheese is another ingredient in the grilled corn crostini and it is also rich in calcium which promotes the formation of strong, healthy bones and teeth.
Grilled Corn Crostini is a great appetizer which is ideal in preparing the taste buds of your guests or family members in preparation of the main course. The dish is a quick fix and therefore people can enjoy a bite . there are different grilled corn recipes that one can prepare as an appetizer for their family and friends and is deemed ideal for individuals who have no time to prepare an exotic appetizer.
PIN IT NOW, MAKE IT LATER