Crispy Eggplant Fries are delicious friendsgiving recipes appetizers that you can make in less than 30 minutes. Crispy on the outside and soft and tender on the inside, this is an unparalled veg appetizer for all.
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 7-10 mins
- 1 (8 ounce) eggplant cut into fries
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 large eggs beaten
- 1 bag Beef & Steak Seasoning
- Start by the oven to a degree of 425 F.
- Thereafter, put the beaten eggs, the Beef & Steak Seasoning and the flour all in different bowls.
- Root out the eggplant slices from the flour
- Put them inside the bowl with egg. (dip)
- And finally, put them deeper in the Beef & Steak Seasoning.
- After wards, put your eggplant fries on a rack made of wire on your sheet pan into the oven for baking.
- Start baking until they change their color to golden brown.
- Do it for approximately 7 to 10 minutes.
- Once ready, serve it with hearty spaghetti sauce blend or if any, prepared pizza sauce seasoning.
- You can then enjoy your eggplant crispy fries.
- 120 Calories (kcal)
- 3 Fat (g)
- 1 Saturated Fat (g)
- 18 Carbohydrates (g)
- 3 Fiber (g)
- 3 Sugar (g)
- 6 Protein (g)
- 105 Cholesterol (mg)
- 250 Sodium (mg)
Did you know that the crispy eggplant fries became amazingly delicious by covering with panko and parmesan and also for being baked till crisp? The eggplant recipe is perfectly simple to make. The fries can be served as a side dish recipe or a game day appetizer. The fries are so delicious you would be surprised they are made with eggplants. From the first time I made the crispy eggplant fries I swore I would forever eat them for the rest of my life, though I had been hysterical about making fries out of anything other than potatoes.
Just like potato fries, they are crunchy on the outside and tender on the inside. They are best enjoyed freshly prepared and served with cold drinks. In my opinion, most people prefer potato crisps to eggplants since eggplants are spongy, and they oxidize quickly. Moreover, they can also be a bit bitter. The key step in preparing these fries is to soak them in salted, cold water for at least 30 min.
The eggplant crispy fries are not only delicious, but they are also known for health benefits which include being very rich in fiber, low in calories and a wide range of phytonutrients. The potassium, vitamins, and fiber help with the heart health, hence lowering heart disease-related mortality and growth of cancerous cells. Unlike potato crisps, eggplant fries are important in weight management since they act as bulky agents in the digestive system. Lastly, the eggplants contain antioxidants that protect the liver from certain toxins.
From a personal experience, baked eggplant recipes better with time. Customize your own recipe to enhance your tastes, for example, the size of the fries, depending on whether you like big or small chunks. Having made this fries and enjoyed them countless times, I bet you would love them too.
PIN IT NOW, MAKE IT LATER