Hordevours recipes appetizers with Brie en Croute are amazingly delicious. This puff pastry recipe that will be loved by everyone in the family. Perfect for a cold or hot day.
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 1/2 cup Chia Jam Mix
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds toasted
- 1 (8 ounce) wheel brie cheese
- Switch on the oven to a temperature of 400 degrees F to preheat.
- Whisk together the egg and water to make an egg wash and set it aside.
- Flour your working surface lightly. Take the unthawed puff pastry and unfold it. Roll it into a 12-inch square.
- Trim the edges so that they appear rounded. Put the scraps aside.
- Take the Cranberry jam and spread over the puff pastry two inches within the edges .you then sprinkle with the cranberries and almonds. Place the brie on top of the cranberries and almonds. Use a brush to apply the egg wash on the pastry.
- Grease a sheet pan and then place the cheese on it the seam side lying on the pan. Use the remaining egg wash to brush through the entire pastry.
- Take the pastry scraps and use them to decorate the top of the cheese. Brush with the egg wash too.
- Bake for 20 minutes or till the pastry becomes golden brown.
- Once ready, take it from the oven and leave it for approximately 30 minutes.
- Serve with crackers or any other accompaniment of your choice.
- 220 Calories (kcal)
- 14 Fat (g)
- 5 Saturated Fat (g)
- 18 Carbohydrates (g)
- 1 Fiber (g)
- 9 Sugar (g)
- 6 Protein (g)
- 25 Cholesterol (mg)
- 170 Sodium (mg)
Brie cheese is pale in color and has a grayish tinge under a rind. It is rich and creamy. Its unique flavor depends on the ingredients used during its production process. The rind on any cheese is very important as it determines the flavor and texture of the cheese
Brie is rich in calcium, and therefore important for healthy bones and teeth. It is however high in Sodium which might end up rising in blood pressure if taken in excess. It contains vitamins B 12, good for red blood cells and nerves as well as helps protect against weak muscles, dementia, and mood swings. It also has riboflavin, an antioxidant which helps protect cells from damage by free cancerous radicals.
Goat's milk Brie has less sodium, more calcium and vitamin D levels than the one from cow's milk. All cheese made from goats milk is healthier than those made from cow's milk
It will be better if you purchase Brie that is ripe enough. But if you happen to one that is not fully ripe, do not store it in the fridge but instead, put it in a cool place for some few days for it to become fully ripe.
Brie is an excellent cheese for desserts such as the Brie en Croute, and you can pair it with soft bread rolls, melons, grapes, or croissants. To enjoy Brie, you must serve it at room temperature. You can also use it as a party cheese
PIN IT NOW, MAKE IT LATER