Learn how to prepare Beet Citrus Pickled Eggs quickly. Your loved ones are going to absolutely love this homemade beet Appetizers Dessert that is healthy.
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 5 mins
- 1 cup Beet Citrus Dressing & Marinade
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 red onion sliced
- 6 large eggs hard boiled and peeled
- Add Beet Citrus Dressing & Marinade, apple cider vinegar, red wine vinegar, sugar, and red onion in a medium sized pan. Bring to a boil. Cook until sugar is dissolved and onion has become soft.
- Take it from heat. Cool for approximately 10-15 minutes.
- In the mean time, transfer the hard-boiled eggs in a mason jar.
- Drizzle brine over the eggs.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2-3 days before serving.
- You can store eggs in the brine under refrigeration for up to a month.
- 146 Calories (kcal)
- 6 Fat (g)
- 2 Saturated Fat (g)
- 17 Carbohydrates (g)
- 1 Fiber (g)
- 12 Sugar (g)
- 7 Protein (g)
- 187 Cholesterol (mg)
- 134 Sodium (mg)
Eggs are part of a healthy diet. They are nutritious. Semi vegetarians and Pescatarian diet also allow the use of eggs. At home, check for freshness by placing a raw egg in a pot of cold water. A fresh egg will sink to the bottom of the pan. If it floats on the surface, it shows that it is bad and should be thrown away.
Making boiled eggs is so easy. Even the laziest of persons can do it. You should cook hard boiled eggs in hot but not boiling water. Cool them immediately after taking from heat. They will peel easily as soon as they are cool.
Fresh beets are sweet and full of flavor. They have a tender texture. They are a versatile vegetable. You can serve beets in salads, as a side dish, and in beverages for additional color and flavor. Beets are low in calories, are fat and cholesterol free, and a good source of folate.
Beets citrus pickled eggs are delicious. They have an amazing, vibrant color. The whites will absorb the maroon beet color .The York will remain yellow. After pickling, you can store the eggs in the refrigerator
When purchasing beets, you should select those that are deep maroon in color. They should be firm and have smooth skins. The tops should be fresh and green. You can roast, boil, or steam beets and serve it hot or cold. Put on gloves while chopping beets to avoid red stained hands.
To retain its nutrients and color, bake steam or boil beets without peeling. When cooked, the skin easily rubs off under cold running water.
You can use Apple cider vinegar at home for cooking, cleaning and preserving food. It is so versatile .You can use it in a variety of recipes including drinks, soups, sauces, and salad dressings.
Make good use of fresh beets this season. Try out beet citrus pickled eggs. Everyone will love them.
PIN IT NOW, MAKE IT LATER