This homemade Baked Mac & Cheese Bites is an awesome fingerfood Kilbasa Recipes Appetizers for the appetizer table. Perfect appetizer recipe for kids and kids at heart.
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 15 mins
- 1/2 cup dry whole wheat elbow macaroni
- 1/2 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/2 tablespoon flour
- 1/4 cup low fat milk
- 1/4 cup Mac & Cheese Seasoning
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 large egg beaten
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Cook elbows according to package directions.
- Drain and set aside. In a small saucepan melt butter over medium heat. Whisk in flour and cook for 1 minute.
- Whisk in milk and Mac & Cheese Seasoning. Cook until thickened, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in cheddar until melted.
- Combine with cooked pasta and stir in the beaten egg. Grease a 12 cup mini muffin tin. Divide the mac and cheese among the 12 cups.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until set and lightly browned. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan.
- Garnish with Parmesan and chives if desired.
- 100 Calories (kcal)
- 6 Fat (g)
- 2.5 Saturated Fat (g)
- 8 Carbohydrates (g)
- 1 Fiber (g)
- 1 Sugar (g)
- 6 Protein (g)
- 45 Cholesterol (mg)
- 110 Sodium (mg)
Do you know how to prepare macaroni? There are quite a number of macaroni recipes that you can prepare. Being a pasta, macaroni is easy to fix. Fill a big pot with a very generous amount of salted water, and bring to boil. Meanwhile, get ready a colander or other straining device by the sink. Add pasta to the boiling water to cook when the water starts to boil. Stir immediately. Give the pasta one more stir, and that should be enough to stop it from sticking together. Start testing for al dente 2 to 3 minutes before the suggested cook time on the package.
As soon as it hits al dente, you should remove it from the water immediately to prevent further cooking. Perfect macaroni do not rinse it after removing from heat. If you wash, you drain out all the starches that could help hold onto the sauce.
To ensure that your dressing is thick and emulsified, use a mild rice wine vinegar or lemon juice. Pasta absorbs the oil and vinegar evenly. Balsamic vinegar turns the pasta an unattractive brown.
Cheddar is a good cheese .When you are going out to buy cheese, look out for specialist cheese shops, or groceries in supermarkets. How do you know if the cheese you are buying is suitable? The only sure way is by you tasting it. Taste first with your nose, then with your mouth. You should expect a long length of flavor from a good cheese.
There’s nothing better than baked mac and cheese bites. It is an appetizer and a half! Serve immediately after baking when they are at their best taste and flavor. Your kids will really love it.